Chapter 38

Cole's POV

"Cole?"

"Aspen? What happened?"

"Tanya fainted, mom noticed but I think she was-"

I don't wait to hear the rest putting my phone in the pocket I run out of the car tapping my fingers impatiently in the elevator.

I swiftly open the car door, disoriented I start the car slamming my legs on the accelerator.

I call Aspen back to ask which hospital she's in and I make a swift turn to the hospital road.

Walking into the building I ask for her room and they tell me she's in the surgery room. Running up the stairs I turn to the left and I see my mom, dad, Austin, and Aspen.

My mom is crying and Aspen is consoling her while Austin is in deep thought. Boiling my hands curl up into fists and I walk up to my mom.

"What happened to her?" I ask and my mom starts sobbing

"She has anemia and uh, the doctor said it might have something to do with her eating habits," Aspen informs me

My fist tightens and I walk over to Austin "You bastard!" I yell launching for his face and he stumbles back

"How dare you! This wasn't supposed to happen! But no you supported dad!" I yell and Austin holds his bleeding mouth.

"Do you think I don't care about her?!" Austin yells back

"And you," I say to my dad ignoring Austin, my vision is blurred with anger and I head for him when Austin holds me back

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Cole!" my mom sobs

"Let me go!" I grunt throwing him a punch

A few doctors noticing the commotion head over to us holding me down. An ice pack is given to Austin and I, my dad watching me intently.

My mom walks up to me while I'm tending my wound and she gives me a hard slap

"What were you thinking?! What did you want to do! Tell me! Hit your father?!"

"Mom-"

Another slap lands on my left cheek and I sigh.

"I'm sorry mom,"

"Apologize to your father," She tells me

Curling my fists I walk up to my father who has been quiet throughout the whole ordeal.

"I..." I take a deep breath "I'm sorry," I close my eyes, and a hard slap lands across my cheek

Tightening my jaw I open my eyes and another slap is sent my way. Dad takes his leave from the hospital alongside Austin and I let out a heavy sigh.

After a whole hour of painful suspense, the surgery is done and Tanya has been moved to a room.

"These are the supplements she'll need," The doctor hands me a paper with prescription "and please ensure she eats well, her eating habits and stress contributed to the rapid loss of blood, please be careful next time or she might lose the baby or her life,"

"Thank you, doctor," I tell him heading down to the pharmacy to get the supplements.

When I get to Tanya's room mom is there holding her hand and sobbing.

"I'm sorry," Mom says

"It's not your fault mom," she smiles weakly

"Tanya?" I walk towards her bed holding her hand