Chapter 72

Highly recommended for this chapter Elaine- Fallen star, No time to die- Billie Eilish, Exile- Taylor swift. I listened to these songs on repeat while writing this chapter! 

"Martin," I crouch to the ground next to him. Our soldiers are firing and yelling. The whole scene scattered different voices talking at the same time.

"Martin," I place my hand on his stomach and I see the blood. He smiles at me shaking his head

"Go, Take care of Carlos, I and Antonio would be watching down on you,"

"Martin, no, no, It's okay we're going back together," I shake my head wiping my eyes

"Go," He tells me his eyes glistening with tears "Here, take this," He removes his chain handing it to me "Give it to Carlos when he grows up, Don't shout at him okay? Listen to Cole too," He tells me smiling "Tell my dad I'm sorry I rarely visited, I love you and Carlos too,"

"Martin, please, please don't die on me," I cry

"You have to leave now," Martin says weakly

"Ma'am!" One of the soldiers call out and I ignore him

"Davina we have to go," Cole tells me hurriedly

"Cole, Martin's here,"

"I'm sorry," Cole says "But we have to go,"

"I'm staying here with him, if he's going to die then it's better I die with him you take Carlos,"

One of the soldiers comes to me and I hand a crying Carlos over to him.

"Tell Naomi-"

"Davina please we have to leave,"

Cole pulls me away from Martin making me lose my grip on Martin's hand

"No!!" I kick against him "Let me go!" I yell crying

Cole throws me over his shoulder and I hit his back yelling.

Cole puts me in the truck and I attempt to get out before he pushes me back into the seat.

"Martin!" I yell from the window sobbing "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I never listened to your opinions, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I yell through the window as the truck drives off.

...

I guess black always finds its way back to me. I have to be cursed to lose both my husband and best friend.

Ivie helps me pick out a black dress for the funeral. The same one I wore for Antonio's funeral. I'm still too shocked to process anything. I can't believe it. I have lost the two people who mattered to me the most even though I never showed Martin I cared.

Ivie places one of her short bob black wigs on my low cut hair, she pulls out my black pumps and puts my feet inside them and I stand up finally noticing her all black ensemble.

We walk downstairs and all my family is present. My dad dressed in a black suit, Michael and Jason. My mom is dressed in black. Isabel and Fabiano are present and Isabel clutches a black crumpled handkerchief in her hand. Elyssa and Tom are also present. Dave stands in a corner with Reina.

Isabel hugs me tightly sobbing into my chest and I stare at her stiffly. My mom coughs into her handkerchief and I know she is crying.

Isabel steps away from me and Fabiano walks up to me giving me a hug

I stretch out my hand staring at it intently "His blood were on my hands, right here in my palm, I tried to stop the blood,"

Everyone in the room starts crying again and I stare at all of them

"He said his last words to me," I continue "Let's leave for the funeral we're running late,"

When we arrive at the cemetery, the empty coffin is lifted down and I watch the coffin go down.

Everyone starts coughing and crying. I put some sand in my hand before Martin's mom attacks me.

Funerals are just like I remembered, sad, gloomy, the whole mafia family present, everyone dressed in black and of course the cries.

I've met Martin's parents only a few times because they were mostly in Mexico, or going on some exotic holiday while Martin worked.

"Eres mala suerte!" (You are bad luck) She hits me weakly crying

"Lo siento," I tell her blinking away the tears in my eyes

"Primero matas a tu esposo y luego tu amigo," (First you kill your husband and then your friend) She yells crying and Martin's father attempts to hold her back

"Lo siento mucho," I add meaning every word "Lo siento," I cry breaking down into tears

"Lo siento," I continue, kneeling in front of her

I hear my mom sobbing from behind me and Ivie too.

Carlos runs up to me and I'm still kneeling in front of Martin's crying mom.

"Mama!" he calls out hugging me and I hug him back crying

Michael stands me up and moves me away from Martin's mom.

...

We head inside the church to thank everyone for coming and I give a small speech in memory of Martin.

"Martin," I start smiling "The best human being any one could have ever met, he was too kind, too caring but he was a good fighter, He fought to save my son, He told me he would always be by my side before he was shot" I pause and everyone starts sobbing "He...I'm sorry I can't do this," I leave the podium bursting into tears

I wipe my tears away going outside. I turn around to see Cole behind me.

"I'm sorry we couldn't save him," He states his voice hoarse and his eyes red from crying

"Why?"

"He told me if anything happened to him, I shouldn't let you stay there with him," He says

I wipe away my tears with the back of my hand watching Cole. I hug him crying into his chest.

"He was my best friend," I sob and he rubs my back trying to soothe me

"I know," 

Please vote comment and share!