章 : fifty three

unedited: 53

"Ready to tell me what the problem is?" Levy sighed, taking a seat beside the blonde on her couch.

"Problem?" Both Natsu and Gray questioned, peeking their heads out the kitchen.

"I- I think it's time we tell Levy-chan and Gray-nii..." Lucy sighed, looking up at the pinkette who stared at her as if to say 'are you sure?' in which she replied with a nod.

"Tell us what?" Gray asked, taking a seat beside her before his pink haired best friend could, earning a glare as he leaned on the arm of the chair.

"Should we be worried?! Did something happen? What happened?!" Levy panicked.

"Relax, it's probably not even a big de-"

"-We're engaged." Natsu interrupts, casually munching on Doritos as both Levy and Gray stared at him with their mouths wide open in shock.

"Um... Suprise?" Lucy laughs nervously.

"I- bu- you- HUH?!" The ravenette yelled, jumping out of the chair.

"E- E- E- E- ENGAGED?!" The shorter bluenette stuttered.

"Hai~" Natsu yawned, the duo growing agitated by his obvious nonchalant behaviour.

"Since when?! Since how?! Since why?!"

And for about an hour and half, the couple told them about when they met, the agreement between both families, when they started dating, about how they ended up living together and then the situation with Lisanna.

"Wait, Wait, Wait!" Levy flapped her hands around. "So you're saying you finally met Laxy-nii's wife and Lis-chan is your sister-in-law?!"

She calls him that too? Natsu thought to himself.

"Hai... but I still don't understand why I never met Mira-san and I can't help but think it probably has something to do with my past..." Lucy mumbled.

"That's a logical reason unless it's just that he wasn't ready to show his wife to his younger sister, he does have a sister complex." The bluenette shrugged. "But, enough about that! What I'm really mad about is that you didn't tell us sooner!"

"Yeah, What she said!" Gray agreed, crossing his arms. "We're supposed to be your closest friends and yet you choose to tell us fifty chapters late?!"

Way to break the fourth wall... Natsu sighed to himself. "I get what you mean... but it's not easy telling people the Heartfilia Princess -who's rumoured to be dead- is getting engaged, I think you forget that it's basically only our friends that know Hime's a Heartfilia."

"I just wish you'd trust us more... but what you're saying makes sense." Levy pouts, wrapping her arms around the blonde, resting her head against her chest. "I forgive you."

"It kinda makes sense now that I know you guys are engaged, to be honest. You act like a married couple anyway." Gray shrugged, swinging an arm around the pinkette.

"Thank you, Lev-chan, Gray-nii..." the blonde whispered, wiping a tear.

"Group hug!" Levy announced as they formed a circled.

"...by the way, I didn't know you saw me as a friend, Salmonella." Levy smirked.

"Nah, you're the mascot, Smurf." Natsu retorts, earning a kick in the shin.

"Fuck you, Princess peach." She scowled, causing Gray to snort.

"P- Princess Peach!" He wheezed.