章: fifty

unedited: 50

"You'll be fine, Lucky. Don't look so nervous." Layla sighed, taking hold of her daughters hand.

"She's right, Princess. I'll be here to protect you the whole night, so you don't need to worry too much." Loke grinned, folding his arms proudly.

"I know but... what if something happens and I end up having an attack or something? I don't want to tarnish our name." Even though her face was covered by her mask, you could tell she was frowning.

"Your health and safety is way more important than our name, Lucy. So, no matter what happens, we'll be there with you." Jude smiles, wrapping a white shawl around her shoulders.

"Hai... Arigatō, Papa." The blonde whispered.

-

"Is that...?"

"Nani? But it couldn't be..."

"I- isn't that the heartfilia's oldest daughter?!"

"But didn't she pass away?"

Drowning out the whispers, the blonde slowly walked into the hall, knowing all eyes were on her as she gulped unnoticeably, keeping her posture as she followed behind her parents.

The hall was huge and yet her eyes instantly went towards him, even though he was literally on the other end, staring right back at her.

Looking away, she caught sight of her older brother which made a smile spread across her face.

"Mother, Father. I'm glad you could make it." Laxus bowed before looking over at his little sisters, a grin spreading across his face as he opened his arms for both blondes to run into.

"Laxy-nii!" Lucy whispered happily, snuggling against his chest.

"I missed you, big brother!" Michelle grinned, her blue eyes shining with glee as she looked up at her muscular brother.

"You're taller than I remember." He smirked as the pull away from the hug.

"Where's Nova? I haven't seen her for a year, how dare you keep my niece away from me." Lucy pouts. "And I still haven't met Mirajane."

When she had mentioned Mirajane, their smiles faltered only for a second which went unnoticed by the blonde.

"Of course..." taking hold of her hand, he lead her across the hall and into a separate room where a white haired woman was sat holding a platinum blonde haired toddler with bright blue eyes.

Looking up at the her approaching husband, the whitette smiled welcomely as she stood to greet his family.

"It's good to see you, mother, father and Elle-chan." Mira nods, her daughter sat shyly on her hip. "And it's a pleasure to meet you, Lucy-chan. As you know, my name is Mirajane and this is our daughter, Nova."

"I- it's nice to meet you..." Lucy smiles timidly, bowing in respect before taking hold of her nieces hand, shaking it softly. Feeling an ache in her head as she stared at the whitette. "I see where she gets a beauty from, since it's obviously not from Laxy-nii."