章 : five

edited : 05

She couldn't do it. She just couldn't look him in the eye after what they'd done — no, they didn't have sex, they didn't even kiss but the feeling of his lips as they grazed over her throat was a sensation she couldn't forget even if she wanted to but she was currently locked in her room, snuggling her dog as the scene of him tracing his hands over her smooth curvaceous hips replayed in her head, hiding her face in Plue's soft white fur.

It had only been a few hours since it happened and she was laying awake in her bed at two o'clock in the morning even though she was supposed to be sleeping.

But she couldn't. Not when every time she closed her eyes, she'd see him.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, she got out of bed and snuck out of her room, creeping down the stairs to avoid waking up anyone who'd think she was a robber or something.

She quietly made her way to the kitchen but froze in shock, seeing the one person that plagued her mind; Her fiancé, her soon-to-be husband and her "boyfriend" Natsu Dragneel.

"Why're you awake?" She asked, walking towards the cupboard to get a glass and fill it with water.

"Can't sleep..." he mumbled, his attention glued to the dim-lighted phone in his hand.

"Onaji..." she whispered, letting out a sigh of content when the cold liquid travelled down her throat in steady gulps.

"Ne, Natsu?" She called, getting a strange sound of acknowledgement before continuing. "Why were we hiding in that janitors closet? It's obvious that girl wasn't just some random fan..." she asked curiously, wanting to know the answer for over half the day.

"I used to like her..." he answered after a few moments of silence. Putting down his phone, he looked up at the blonde stood a few steps beside him.

"I see... w- what's her name?" She asked, leaning against the countertop.

"Her name is Lisanna Strauss." he replied. The blonde knew exactly who she was and now that she thought about it, she also recognized Gray's surname as well. They were both high ranking families just below the Dragneels and Heartfilias.

She nodded in response, not knowing what else to say.

"...You jealous?" The pinkette smirks, getting up from his seat.

"I don't get jealous like you do..." she answers, giving him a smirk of her own. "I just asked a harmless question."

"A 'harmless question' you've probably wanted to know for a while, hoping she wasn't someone I wanted to hide you from." he had her all figured out, even though she truly wasn't jealous — she still felt a sting in her heart when he said he used to feel affection towards her.

"I'm just asking because we're engaged, as my future husband I want you to be loyal to me, to only see me in a crowd of pretty girls..."

"You're quite demanding Heartfilia... but it might be hard for me to focus on only you when you aren't even attractive to me." it's like she could hear her confidence and self-esteem shatter into a million tiny pieces. She herself wouldn't say she was beautiful but she never knew she was seen as ugly and unattractive. Was it because of the weight she was gaining? Or how she didn't wear makeup? Whatever it was to cause him to say something so impudent — she had to fix it, not for him but for herself, she would never admit to wanting to be pretty but she always wished she was.