章 : thirty eight

unedited : 38
Warning : 6270 words!

Walking through the front door, the blonde sighed exhaustedly as they made their way up the stairs and into their room.

"Hime," Natsu called out, the blonde replying with a hum. "Come here." He says flatly from the bathroom.

With a confused expression, she walked over to where he was stood in front of the sink.

"What's the matter?" She asks.

"What do you see?"

"Huh?"

"What do you see, Lucy?" He growled, spinning her to face the mirror. "Tell me what you see."

"I- Is this about what happened earlier?" She sighed.

"I asked you a question. Don't make me repeat myself again." Glaring at her through their reflections.

Letting out another sigh, "I see you and me."

"Hm." He replies, shocking the blonde when he pulled her blouse open, the buttons flying out everywhere and the sound of them dropping onto the tiled floor being the only sound heard apart from her gasp as she stared into his obsidian green eyes. "Now tell me what you see."

"I see that you've ruined my- eek!" She was interrupted when he pulled down her skirt, the fabric burning against her skin causing her to wince.

"Answer the question, Lucy."

"I-"

"-If I don't like your answer, I swear to you –" his lips against her ear. "I'll show you what fucking answer I want to hear, do you understand?" He growled against her lobe, his eyes darkening when she didn't reply. "Don't you dare take your eyes off that mirror."

She watched as he placed one hand on her hip and the other - on her chest. "You drive me so fucking crazy sometimes, you know that right."

"I- I don't see the point in all of this." She stuttered, her face burning up when she felt his hand travel from her hipbone to the waistband of her underwear till he reached her clitoras, his rough finger playing with the delicate nerve as she tried to keep her composure.

"The point is, we'll stand in this mirror till you realise how fucking beautiful you are." He growled, staring intensively into her carob brown eyes. "I know I don't compliment you as much as any normal boyfriend would but I also don't because I know you won't believe even if I did say it all the time."

"It has nothing to do with you not complimenting me." She whispered breathlessly, letting out a gasp when she felt his finger enter her opening.

"Lucy, I know what you've been through and I know you have no confidence in yourself because of what happened... but even though we're products of the past — we don't have to be prisoners of it." His other hand lightly stroking over her scar. "My brother once told me that scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real and that we can gain experience from it but we can't relive it." He explained, a distant look on his face as he remembered his siblings words, the sound of the blondes sobs growing in volume as her moist eyes flutter closed in pleasure and her hand came up to hide her face. "Didn't I say not to take your eyes off the mirror."