章 : twelve

edited : 12

Standing in the garden, she sighed softly at the scent of lavender, lightly massaging the petals of her favourite rose before retrieving a watering can and watering her plants.

"What're you doing?" Natsu had asked, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"I think it's quite obvious that I'm watering flowers." She giggled, knowing nothing could bring her out of her good mood. "Did you need something?"

"No, just saw you out here and wondered what you were doing." He shrugged, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Ne, Natsi?" She called, knowing the nickname would annoy him. "Do you happen to know when our wedding is?" She asked out of curiosity.

"All I know is that it will be after we both turn eighteen." He answered. "And stop calling me that."

"I see... so that means it'll be around next year, right?" She then questions, ignoring his growl.

"Hai but what's got you thinking about that all of a sudden?"

"Well we are engaged, so it's only natural for me to ask when the wedding will be." She shrugged. "Nani? Why're you looking at me like that?"

"Nanimonai..." he smirked, walking closer to her. "But I get what you mean... would you like me to buy you a ring?"

"H- Huh?! You can't just ask me that!" She blushed, placing the watering can on the ground. "Plus I'm sure our parents have got that covered..."

"And if they don't?" He asked.

"Then I guess we'll have to ask when my parents return or we can just ask yours."

"Okāsan told me that we'll be having dinner together once your parents get back so we can just ask them then." He suggested, placing a hand on her waist. "But what I want to know is if you have all the supplies you need for next week."

"What's happening next week?" She asked cluelessly, unbothered by the warm hand on her waist.

"You're starting school, Baka." He sighed, flicking her forehead. "Do you have everything?"

"Now that you mention it, I need a few more stationary supplies like pens and pencils." Massaging her forehead.

"Then let's go..." said the pinkette, pulling her away from her garden.

"Nani? Right now?" She asked. "But I need to change!"

"Hayaku..." he sighed, taking a seat in the lounge. "But I don't see the problem with what you're wearing right now." He adds, watching her ass as she walked up the stairs.

"So you wouldn't mind if guys stare at me because of my booty shorts?" She questions.

"Go change, right now." He growled, folding his arms over his chest.

"Thought so." She smirked before disappearing into her room to change, leaving the pinkette to mumble to himself.

Pulling on a pair of ripped jeans and a crop top, she picked up her bag and put on her jeans jacket before going back down the stairs and slipping on her wedges.