章 : forty six

unedited : 46

"Ouch!" Gajeel yelled, rubbing his head after Lucy had hit him. "No need to get physical, bunny girl."

"You need to be quiet, Gajeel-kun!" The blonde whisper-yelled, peeking out from behind the corner. "I can't believe I have to pair up with you..." She mumbled.

"Heh! You better start believing it." He smirked, messing up her hair, causing her to glare up at him.

"Hide and seek? Again?" Lucy asks, sat between Natsu's legs.

"But this time, it'll be in pairs!" Levy says excitedly from her place on Gajeels shoulders as he sat on the ground in front of them.

"Pairs?" Bixslow asks, his arm around Lisanna.

"Hai, but not our regular pairs." The bluenette grinned. "This time it'll be a random pick."

"Levy-chan, we're in the park, how're we supposed to hide anywhere? " Juvia asks.

"She's got a point." Gray agreed, his head resting on her lap.

"We were able to on a resort island so why can't we do it now?"

"Because it's too hot~!" Lisanna whined.

"And we have an odd number of people, there's nine of us." Erza points out.

"Then whoever isn't in a group will be the one counting." Levy replies.

After they all finally decided to agree they had decided to pick lots to see who'd be paired up.

"So, it's Juvia and Laser eyes, Metal head and Luce, Flame brain and Erza then Lis and I." Gray announced.

"Which leaves..." The blonde mumbled, looking over at her blue haired best friend who was curled up and facing the tree in a depressed state.

"Why do I have to be the seeker?" She pouts.

"It was your idea, Smurf." Natsu chuckled.

"Whatever, there's one more thing I forgot to mention..."

"Any sign of her?" Lucy questions, looking up at the red eyed teen, who was helping her climb the tree.

"Nope but Shrimp is Shrimp so she could easily sneak up on us." He replied, surveying the area for any sign of her.

"I wonder if anyone has been caught yet..." She hummed, pulling out her phone. "Is it against the rules to text?"

"Don't know but —" taking the phone out of her hand. "I ain't a rule follower." He smirks, typing a message to Gray.

"C- Chottomatte! Just make sure you don't tell them where we are, they could be working with Levy-chan." Lucy whispered, stopping him from sending the text.

"Relax, bunny girl. Even if they're working together, we can take them out." He chuckled, sending the text before handing her back the phone. "But we'll definitely know they're working together if he asks where we are."

"Are we even safe up here?" She asks.

"Well, Shrimp doesn't know how to climb a tree so we should be, let's just lay low for a little while — you know what to do if you catch sight of her. "