章 : forty three

unedited : 43

"Hm~" she moaned, eating another forkful of her mother's homemade strawberry cake. "Mama's cakes will always be the best!"

"Arigatō, Lucky." Layla giggles as Grandeena smiles happily, cradling her sleeping daughter on her lap as the two blondes conversed.

"If I didn't know you were mother and child, I'd think you were siblings." Deena's smile growing wider. "Sometimes I forget you're in your-"

"-Alright, that's enough." The older blonde interrupts with a pout, causing her daughter and best friend to laugh.

"How have you been treating my roses?" Lucy then asks, finishing her third slice of cake.

"Why don't you take a look for yourself? " her mother smiled, standing up to lead the two into the garden after asking Virgo to bring Wendy up the stairs.

Just as they walked through the back door, the immediate scent of fresh lavender filled her nose as she stared in admiration at her healthy flowers.

"I know just how much you love this garden, which is why I asked Scorpio to take care of them."

"Thank you, Mama." Lucy smiled brightly as she delicately smoothed her fingers over the soft petals.

"These have to be a decoration at the wedding!" Deena claps excitedly.

"But wouldn't it depend on the theme and colours?" The younger blonde questions.

"Which is why you and my son must discuss that."

"But there's no need to rush, the wedding will be next year and we still need to make preparations for the engagement party." Layla adds.

"By the way, Where's Laxy-nii?"

"Your brother is busy taking care of little Nova's birthday party, he visited while you were at the resort."

" Oh... " she pouts.

"Not to worry, he will make time to visit again." Her mother smiles, lightly running her fingers through the younger blondes hair. "Anyway, let us head back inside now, I asked Virgo to make us some lemonade."

-

"Mr. Heartfilia... Father." Natsu greeted with a cold expression which matched the two older men that sat in front of him.

"Good to see you, son." Jude also greets, telling him to take a seat. "I'm sure you know what I'm about to say."

"I only told her about Ignia and nothing else." He replied.

"Good, it's not time to tell her what happened just yet," Igneel speaks up. "And to also not mention having leads on her kidnapper."

"I don't see why we can't kill the bastard before she even finds out. " Jude scowls. "That fucker deserves to die for what he did to my daughter."

"She's my daughter too. " Igneel sighed.

"And she's also my future wife, we're just as angry as you. Especially because I couldn't even stop him from taking her. "

"I don't blame you for what happened, you were only ten. "

"But if I did stop him she wouldn't have been tortured for five months... " the pinkette growled, balling his hands into fists as he glared at the ground. "And when she was found, she was in a coma for three months and has amnesia! "

"Stop beating yourself up over it, my boy." Jude frowned. " There's nothing we could do, especially with the amount of casualties, you were also mourning over the death of your brother. "