章 : twenty

edited : 20

"We invited Natsu's parents for dinner tomorrow night, we have a lot to discuss concerning your marriage." Layla explains, sat beside her husband on the couch opposite their blonde daughter and pink haired future son-in-law.

"Is something wrong?" Lucy questioned, fresh from her shower.

"No, but it's essential and important. You aren't in any trouble."  Letting out a sigh of relief, the duo relaxed.

"How was your trip?" The younger blonde questioned.

"We visited Elle while we were there, she misses you." Jude smiles, taking hold of his wife's hand. "She'll be returning in August."

"Really? I've missed her so much!" Lucy grinned happily. "How's the company?"

"It's going fairly well, we're going to launch our next designs very soon." Her mother smiles. "So — how're you and Natsu? Will I be getting any grandchildren anytime soon?"

"I hope not!" Jude choked, placing the coffee cup back onto the table.

"I- N- No! Of course not!" Lucy blushed, covering her cheeks with her small palms.

"Not yet, Mrs. Heartfilia." Natsu grinned, resting an arm around Lucy's waist as Layla squealed happily.

"You two are very close..." Jude states, staring at the duo. "You better not do anything to my innocent little girl."

"I haven't..." which was only a partial lie.

"I'll be watching you... son."

-

Wrapping her arms around herself, she turned away, her face bright with a bashful blush as she avoided eye contact with him.

"Look at me, Lucy." He sighed, pulling her closer. "I'm not gonna tell you to forget what happened because I know I'd do it again."

"I know..." she replied, resting her head against his chest. "And I wouldn't stop you."

Answering with a hum, he began swaying slowly, his arms wrapped around her waist as they danced.

"You can be such a sweetheart sometimes..." she sighed happily.

"Sometimes?" He questioned nonchalantly as they continued.

"Sometimes."

"Trust me baby, I'm always a sweetheart."

"More like a jerk..." she mumbled to herself, unaware that the pinkette had heard her.

"Oh?" He glared, kicking her ankles together, causing her to fall sideways but caught her just as she was about to hit the ground.

"What was that for?" She pouts angrily as he let her go, hitting her head lightly on the ground.

"For calling me a jerk..." he smirked, standing up straight before walking away, leaving the room after a slight glance.