章 : twenty eight

edited : 28

"Kon'nichiwa?"

"Lu... Go on a date with me." The ravenette mumbles, the sound of solemn in his voice.

"Alright." She replied softly, saying goodbye before hanging up.

"Who was that? " the pinkette asks, walking into the room.

"Gray-kun. He sounded really weird on the phone just now." She answers truthfully, strolling towards the closet.

"Okay." He states as he watched her strip out of her lounge wear.

"Okay?" She questions, pulling on a pair of jeans as he moved towards her.

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"I thought you'd be more cautious with me leaving with this." gesturing to the white bandage around her head.

"Ice box will protect you if anything happens." He states, softly stoking her cheek.
Smiling up at her pink haired fiancé, she relaxed into his touch as he pulled her closer.

"Are you being so nice because I'm injured?"

"I'm being nice because I feel like it. " he replied.

-

"Could you come with me to see my mother?" He asks, fiddling with the straw for his milkshake. "I- It's her birthday."

"Of course but why didn't you just ask Juvia-san?" Lucy questions. "I'm sure she'd go even if you didn't ask. "

"I don't want her to see me like this..."

"Like what? "

Oh... Stood behind the ravenette as she watched him place a bouquet of lilies in front of a gravestone.

Here lay Mika Fullbuster,
A caring mother and loving wife,
May she rest in peace.
XXX-XXX

"She died seven years ago... on my tenth birthday."

"Is it okay to ask how she died?" The blonde questions, closing her eyes in prayer.

"She was murdered." He glared darkly, avoiding the shocked look on her face.

"I- I see... " clearing her throat when she stuttered.

"I didn't want Juvia to pity or smother me with affection." He mumbled. "That's the other reason why I didn't ask her to join me – and I know that I can trust you, Lu."

"Thank you for sharing with me, Gray-kun." She smiled, pulling him into a comforting hug as the tears streamed down his face.

"I miss her... So much, Lucy." He whispered through his sobs as they fell to their knees.

"I won't promise you that It's going to be okay because I don't know the future. However, I promise that I'll always be here for you." She smiled softly.
"I don't know how you can be so strong... Because if it was my mother that was killed, I'd probably go with her." Lucy admits. "But I know what it's like to lose someone special to me, we all do."