How Could I Be Sure? #3

!!!!! I M P O R T A N T !!!!!! As promised, this has two endings. The four little stars indicate ending Nr. 1, anyone who wanted a different ending can then just keep reading.

...

My mouth had found the skin of his neck as I'd leaned forward, settling my lips against it so I could kiss him there. Harry's entire body had gone rigid and he'd responded by wrapping his arms around me tighter, making me giggle into his neck. My legs had been locked around his waist and I'd forced him down lower so his crotch was on the same level as mine, leaving us both with an excited feeling in our stomachs. My hands had wound into his lovely hair and I'd enjoyed the softness of his strands. He'd groaned when I'd scraped his scalp.

"You're trying to kill me, aren't you?" he'd moaned against my jaw.

I'd laughed again and nodded, pressing myself against his chest some more. I had let my lips trail down and to his collarbones, suckling and biting softly. "What can I say? I missed you badly."

"Was only gone for a few hours, sweetheart," Harry had hummed lowly and he'd pulled away from me long enough to take of his shirt.

"Still too much," I'd whined, my arms already open to welcome him back into them, "want you with me all the time."

I'd grinned proudly when I'd noticed the love bite I'd left on his neck and Harry's chest had rumbled in a low chuckle. It hadn't been something I did often, leaving marks on him. But I'd strangely found a liking of it recently.
His fingers had then reached up and gently caressed my cheek and the green of his eyes had been full of sparkles and shone warmly. Harry's cheeks had been a light shade of pink and his breathing had been faster than normally. He'd looked so happy.

"You know I'm yours," Harry had whispered, looking at me intensively, "S'never gonna change."

"I'm yours, too," I'd promised, reaching up my own hand do stroke his jaw, "It couldn't be any different."

A hum had left his beautiful lips and he'd leaned in, pressing his now naked chest to mine and coming closer so he could kiss my lips. My heart could have burst of happiness, the feeling of his lips driving me crazy. Harry had felt like home as he'd allowed me to cuddle into him. I had been home. I'd loved the man hovering above me so deeply, especially in moments like this where we could just enjoy each other fully.

That all had happened so long ago, when really I'd believed it wouldn't ever stop.

....

"Is he going to be there?"

Kate glanced at me through the mirror as she fixed her hair for the third time, her eyes finding mine from where I sat on her bed. I peered up at her with guilt tugging at my heart, knowing she wouldn't like me having asked that question. I was to never mention him again, she'd ordered me shortly after I'd broken up with Harry, he wasn't worth my thoughts.
My fingers clenched and unclenched before I quickly brushed the sweat forming in my palms off on my tights, my heart beating wildly in my chest. It had been two months since I'd erased his number from my phone, three months since I'd last said his name and four since I'd seen him as he'd walked out of my life, after I'd told him that I couldn't forgive him for sleeping with someone else. And still, there was no sign I was even close to moving on or getting over him. The mere thought of the possibility of seeing him tonight had me tingling with fear and a strange sense of excitement.

"I don't know," Kate admitted quietly, giving me a gentle smile. "But it's possible. He gets on well with Joan and David and they're coming for sure. They might bring him along."

"Huh," I hummed and nodded, my brows furrowing.

I wondered what he looked like. I'd seen him in the papers, of course, but he'd been all wrapped up in his hoodie and had worn sunglasses to cover his eyes. Though he'd honestly had had better days, he surely hadn't seemed like he was miserable. Surely not as miserable as I was without him.
A dinner with friends was different though. He'd have to dress up a little and leave those stupid glasses, which were preventing me from seeing those eyes I missed so much, at home.