Teardrops And A Mug Of Tea

My gaze was set onto the tips of my fingers, both hands intertwined and set to the rest on the table in front of me. I breathed in a hectic pace and tried to calm myzelf down, as my crying made it difficult for my lungs to catch a breath. Harry's presence could be sensed as he stood so closely behind me, his warmth radiated off of him and onto me.

"Y/n, i'm sorry."

A small gasp fell from my mouth and my entire body tensed at his quiet words. I bit my lips and sniffles noisily, not caring how much of a snotty and unattractive picture i must have made. No one who was having his heart broken looked good, unless it was real and as i wasn't an actress, my pain was real. So real i feared it would rip my heart apart.

"I swear i didn't know things would go like this-"

"Stop."

My voice wasn't firm or confident and the word had come out more like a whisper, so quiet he wouldn't have heard had he not stood by my side so closely.
My eyes squeezed shut as another wave of tears hit me with full force. I couldn't bare hear his excuses or attempts of explanations. They changed nothing.

"Just," i behan but stopped to swallow doen the thick lump in my throat, "Why?"

It was the only word i could hear in my head, any other thought slipped my mind as wuickly as it came. Why had he done this to me? Why did he feel i deserved it?

"I'll make you tea," Harry responded, his tone gentle as if he was speaking to a deer he'd caught by surprise in the spotlight, "It'll do you some good-"

"I don't want tea."

I could hear Harry sigh before he cleared his throat and slowly walked over to the sink of my small kitchen, filling up a jar so he could measure enough water to heat for me, making me the usual cup of tea i'd recieved from him so many times before. Such an ordinary and kind gesture, that now only turned the knife he'd stabbed me with untill felt asd if my stomach was open and bleeding to the floor.

"I said i don't want any tea, Harry. All i need is an answer. Why did you do this to me?"

He halted his movements and his shoulders slacked. then he turned around. His hair was messy and when eyes found mine i could feel my heart sink even further. He looked hurt, but at the same time... he didn't. Not the kind of sad someone who was breaking up with his girlfriend should look like. He had been my best friend and after dating for only three months, he was leaving me. And he hadn't shed one tear and now couldn't even look like it upset him for any other reason, other than seeing me sad.

"I don't know how this happened, y/n. I truly don't. It was over with her until..."

Harry stopped and huffed, lowering his head amd shaking it in disbelief. His longer strands fell over his forehead and my fingers itched to touch it, the softness of his lovely hair would surely calm me down and let me believe that this was all just a horrible dream. If only for a moment.

"Was i just a rebound then? Someone to entertain you while you're waiting for her to want you again?" my voice still quivered, but at least i could look at him now and speak above a whisper at the saemt time.

My fingertips were damp from sweat and tingled as a rush of sadness and mild anger cursed through my veins.
What followed hurt me the most and made me realize, that though i had believed my heart could not possibly break any further, i'd been mistaken. Harry didn't reply. He neither confirmed, not did he deny my words and that let me know just what it was he had been hiding from me all this time.

He didn't love me. He didn't even care about me in particular, all i'd been was a girl who'd told him she loved hum hust when he'd needed to hear it. By telling him about how my heart was his. i'd given him the comfort he needed after she had left him.

"You," my breath hitched and i stared at him as the tears fell freely, "You used me."

Harry's green eyes met mine before moving away quickly, then he turned around and so did i unably to look at any longer. I heard some shuffling and glasses clinking, and after tho minuted passed i had a steaming mug set next to my hands.

"I should go," he breathed.

I didn't look up and could only see his hips and hands from the corned of my eye. Hips i'd nibbled on and hands i'd held every time he needed someone who granted him comfort.

"I think you should."

Silence. Then the sound of a step and suddenly i felt the familiar pressure of his lips pressing a kiss to my temple.

"Take good care of yourself, okay?"

My head turned away, forcing him to disconnect his touch from me as i looked away, unable to face him.

"Right," Harry whispered and before i knew it he walked out of my kitchen and into the hall. Soon there was the sound of my front door opening, some miving around and thent here was silence. My eyes squeezed shut and i silenty begged him to come back and tell me that all of this was just some sick and twisted game he'd played, an experiment he'd wanted two try out and after some time i would forgive him and let him apologize and comfort me with isses and cuddles in bed. But he didn't come back, and he wouldn't ever enter my home ever again. The sound of my front door slamming shut straddled me, indicating he'd left. I let my head fall into my hands and allowed my chest to wreck with sobs, no longer carving how loud my cries of despair resounded in my tiny apartment.