Salted Wounds

Harry never intended how their night to come to such a quiet and even though he was certain that it was okay to ask for her, he didn't feel quite right about it. He's told her so, had even encouraged her to stay out their mates longer and to let him leave on his own, but she'd refused and silenced him even before he was done talking. Harry felt guilty about it, but had been relieved to hahve her follow him to his car ant not complain once when he drove to her apartment building and followed her right up the stairs. After the day he'd had, harry was glad to be in the small and cozy space of y/n's flat and he didn't hesitate to reach for her once they'd shut the door behind them.

With impatience guiding his hands he pushed the material of her jacket off her shoulders and was pulling at the hem of her jumper even before her own fingers could find the buttons of his shirt.
In an effort to distract her from the speed and desperation behind his movements, harry connected his mouth with hers and kissing her deeply. A heavy groan fell from his throat when he felt her return the gesture and y/n, though dizzy in the best possible way, somehow managed to focus enough on the task at hand and removed his shirt.
It wasn't the first time she got to see his bare skin, yet every time it was a sight that had her knees weaken. He looked desperate, with his eyes full of lust and his mouth open and awaiting her kiss, a wish she was more than happy to grant.
His belt followed the pile of clothes on the floor, and so did her bra.
Harry pulled her closer and grinned, the first real smile she'd seen grace his pretty face all night. She rolled her eyes when his eyes lowered to where her chest was touching his.

"You're such a guy." The words, though spoken in a giggle and with a teasing sparkle in her eyes, were hushed and had warmth pool at the bottom of his stomach.

"Oh, yeah?" he arched one brow and cradled her face in his palm so he could kiss her again, her lips already open and waiting for him.

The pair kissed some more, his need taking the place of the hurt that had soured his mood all day and once the feeling took over, harry didn't hesitate to reach around y/n and lift her up without any effort The familiar weight of her in his arms made his skin prickle and his heart flutter in his chest, especially when her nails drew across his neck and shoulders as she clung to him. Her legs wrapped around his narrow hips and her hair tickled his cheek when she let her head roll back.
y/n mumbled his name and nodded, the only confirmation he needed before he walked them both into her living room and settled down on the couch with her safely secured under his weight.

Part of him knew he wasn't being fair, that he had no right to be upset and then seek solace in y/n's arms.
But she smelled too good for him to pull away now, and her skin was entirely too soft under his rough palms and so he caressed her arns, legs and tummy until her eyes found his and the pure adoration in them stole the breath right from his lungs.
Harry kept murmuring her name and y/n wanted to laugh at how much he sounded like he was thanking her, but his mouth kept finding hers whenever she wanted to speak and so she forgot any words of teasing she could have said and instead opted to just sighing his name and embracing him closer while he found comfort in her.

Once their heated moment was over, harry stayed sprawled out on the couch while y/n, dressed in nothing but her pair of knickers and his shirt, left for the kitchen to get them both something to drink.
as she poured hot water into one of the cups , y/n leaned forward so she could catch a glimpse of him and was pleased to find his forehead smooth and without the frown she'd been afraid he might never be able to shake off again.
But now his eyes were shut and she spotted a hint of a smile on his flushed mouth, the obvious content on his face filling her with pride.
If she could be the reason harry found peace, if only for a few hours, then she gladly accepted him in her flat. What were friends for after all, if not to make each other feel good?