I'm Happy For You

He looked so good. And i hated him for it.
For once he wasn't wearing one of his flasy and bright suits that only he could pull of, but instead was dressed in a simple black shirt and a pair of dark and washed out jeans.
It wasn'r his choice of clothing that made my heart sink.
Harry looked good. Meaning he looked like he was doing fine.
His checks were pink from lushing and his eyes sparkled with joy. The mouth i knew was soft and warm to kiss was pulled into a wide smile that made my stomach flutter with longing. I wanted to know what it was that made him smile like that. I needed to know why he was so happy. It hurt to be excluded.
And his stupid hair. Why did the short look suit him so well?
He looked soft and adorable, so much so my fingers tickled with the need reach out and touch him.
But i wasn't allowed to do that anymore. Only she was.
The female he had clutching to his arm was pretty. Her lips were painted a dark red i knew he must be crazy about, her heir was long and a thick blond, blonder than any other girl's hair i'd ever seen that still looked as if it was the natural colour and when she looked up at him her eyes widened to reveal the most stunning shade of blue.
She was pretty and she had him, the Harry who used to be mine and i both envied and hated her for it.

"Y/n, you can't look at him like that i'm sorry."

Eileen's soft voice murmured the words into my ear gently, aware that she was pulling me out if a trance and away from my ex boyfriend. Her hand squeezed my arm and slowly nudged me to turn away and to give my attention to the people we'd come to the restaurant with so that i would at least pretend to be part of the conversation.
I knew i was doing a poor job, though. It's hard to smile when your heart is breaking.
Why was he happy? And how? I was living with half of my soul missing and he sat there, drinking and eating dinner with a new girlfriend and a smile that was big and honest decorationg his beautiful features.

"I'll be back in a minute."

Kim why was in the middle of talking about something funny that happened at work shot me a worried glance before looking at Eileen who gave me a soft smile and nod.

"Toiled? Need me to come with you?"

"Yes and no i think i can manage. I'll only be a minute."

I jumped off my chair and hurried towards where i knew the restrooms were wthout glancing back at the person i missed so dearly. The door of the ladies' room fell shut behind me and finally i could breathe in deeply.
I wasn't crying. That was at least a small victory in a shitty situation and for the first time my hands weren't shaking that bad.
The last time i'd seen Harry it'd all been much more awkward, especially when i'd run off and jumped intop a taxi in the middle of a busy londoner street so i could escape the situation as fast as possible. He'd seen me, he must have, and the thought of him confronting me about it made my cheeks burn with embarrassment. How might that conversation go, i wondered as i stared at my reflection in the mirror?
Hey, y/n, i was wondering... why exactly did you run off like a crazy person the other night?

Ugh. Why was i like this? Oh well... at least my makeup wasn't messed up and the bit of concealer i'd smeared on did a pretty good jon at hiding my red cheeks. Still... i wasn't as good looking as the girl he had taken to sit by his side.

"Y/n."

The way he used to say my name was forever burned into my memory, so vividly in fact that i could hear them replay in my mind just as if he was whispering them into my ear.

"I love you, y/n. I always have."

We were a sappy couple, Harry and i. So in love. Looking at him first thing in the morning when his body was naked and wet from the shower he'd taken, hair dripping onto the soft skin... it was a sight that made me melt every time and turn to hide under the covers before the would notice my flushed cheeks.
Harry would know of course, always aware when there were eyes on him and he'd know instantly where my rthoughts were going.