Anger

I'd seen him angry before, and a few times his anger had even been directed to me, but never had he got as loud as he was being now. Harry's clear green eyes were cold and held none of the love they were usually filled with whenever he looked at me. Instead, they bore into my gaze as sharp as blades while the voice i knew as calm and gentle turned loud ans spat one insult after the other. All the while my headache increased into a pounding pain and my heart hammered in my chest as i witnessed him punch the wall to his side in frustration, completely unfazed by my flinch.

"You're so fucking naive, y/n!" harry shouted and gave another forceful kick to the door frame separating me from him as i stood in the living room and he in his ktichen.

"Sometimes i question what the hell it is that's taking up the space in your head you'd need to think properly for fucking once! I'd bet that there's absolutely nothing in there!" he pointed against his own temple before raising his hand to point at me with a trembling finger.

"You don't mean that, harry" i answered, my voice barely above a whisper as my throat felt as if it was in a tight knot.

My words were followed by his foot colliding with a chair and i crossed my arms over my chest as i willed myself not to jeerk again. THough harry was clearly more angry than he'd ever been in my presence, i knew he'd never direct the physical aspect of his rage at me.

"Oh, you better believe i do, baby!" he replied, the pet name cutting into me by the harshness in which he spat it, "You can be such a pain in the arse sometimes! I seriously wonder why i even bother anymore!"

"Stop it" i begged and shook my head as if to keep the foul words to enter my mind.

"You wanna know why?" harry asked, ignoring my plead. His ringed hand pulled at the sleeves of his jumper until they exposed his heavily tattooed arms, arms i was so used to holding me. His gentle gestures seemed something of a dream as the man before me resembled nothing to the kind boyfriend i knew.

"No" i replied and my voice hitched, "Harry, just stop."

Finally his eyes met mine again and for a second, i believed i saw how it dawned on him, that this time, he'd gone too far. Harry knew that he couldn't take his anger out on me. That i wouldn't take it as i wasn't ine of the guys who just dealt with his moods.
I bit my lip as my ears still rand frim his loudly spoken words. The room had gone quiet aside form the noises of distress that were escaping me still as i tried to calm myself down so i wouldn't have a break down in front of him.

"Y/n, listen, i-"

I shook my head and stepped back. "No."

He'd lost himself in front of me before, however, never like this. Never had he got this harsh with me. Early on in our relationship, i'd learned that harry could very easily snap and switch from being the nicest person in the world, to the complete opposite. He'd become a person he had no control over and said or did the most hurtful things that came to his mind.
Though i somehow knew it wasn't his fault, i'd made it clear that i couldn't handle him when he got angry and harry had understood that.
He took a step forward, yet stopped immediately when i raised my hand.

"You know you can't be like that with me, harry."

A hiss fell from his lips and i watched him roll his eyes before he let his head roll back. Any sign of kindness left his face as he clearly found my words beyond ridiculous. "Wow, y/n. You really gonna pull that shit on me?"

"What shit?" i questioned.

"Tha: 'Oh harry, you're just to mean to me. I can't take it.' bullshit. Come off it. It's fucking ridiculous."