Common Ground

Whenever her eyes found his gaze, she felt her stomach flutter and heart melt. In his familiar orbs she found nothing but adoration for her and while his words were often teasing, like telling ehr to take a picture rather than just stare at him, she knew that in his own chest, his heart was hammering as well.
Harry wan't even half as cool as he liked her to think, and she knew it.

But even when the infatuation was mutually felt, y/n knew that Harry wasn't quite on the same page as her. And she felt like it was the time to let him know, to explain her behaviour that he might find strange and not understand yet. Though even if she were to tell him exactly what was going on in her mind, y/n knew that it was a lot and though he might have it in him to respect her, living with it would be a different story.
And even more difficult thing to ask of him.
In fact, y/n hadn't just forgotten to tell him so far, she'd intentionally avoided it.
And it made her head spin.
Through nobody's fault but her own, she'd allowed Harry to fall for a person about who he didn't know a major thing, something that now had her worried he might get angry about.
The longer she let herself think about it, the better y/n could imagine what his response would be once he knew.

There was hardly any chance that Harry wouldn't break up with her.

One glance to her phone told her that Harry expected her to be at his place in less than 30 minutes. A smile grew on her face at the words he'd added o his short message.

Can't wait to see you. x

She couldn't wait either. No fear kept y/n from seeing the person she'd found herself falling for.
And so y/n decided to clear the table she was sitting at throw everything into her backpack and ecxit a bit early.

Her stomach was in uncomfortable knots and her hands were shaking, but she couldn't keep facing Harry and not tell him something that was important, to her as well as to him, should he want to be a part of her life.

Y/n unlocked Harry's door with the kept he'd given her only few days ago and stepped into his flat.
She kicked off her shoes, hung up her jacket and set aside her belongings, all the while with a heart that was weighted down by the thought that it would most likely be the last time he'd let her walk into his home like that.

This would be it.
Harry was in his living room and onve he heard y/n making her way to the couch he was on, he shot up and expected her with hsi arms wide open.

"Hello, lovelies."

"Hi, Harry," y/n breathed a kiss to his cheel and let her hands curl in his hair, before she glided out of his arms and took a step back.

His smile was breath taking. He shone and radiated, and y/n loved all of it.

"Had a good day?" y/n asked and rubbed his arms before sitting down on his couch.

Harry followed. His knees touched hers where he sat and y/n tried not to shuder when his hands began to rub against her knees soothingly.

"I did. M'not sure if the song i've been working in is any good but all in all, was a goos sy."

"Great! Mine was good as well."

"Hm."

He smiled. Y/n's heart leaped.
With them it was always different than any other romantic connection she had formed with a person in the past. Between the two of them was everyting. They couldn't be in the same room without the feeling of adoration making them dizzy and it was impossible for them to not be close.For Harry that meant reaching out and touching her, something she didn't mind too much, but for y/n it majorily meant that she wanted him ti be as emotinally near to her as it was possible.