Ordinary Things

"I swear," Harry spoke, urgency in his tone as he wanted me, needed me, to understand, "I'm sorry."

His nervousness was showed through the light tremble of his fingers, the messy look of his hair and by the biting of his lower lip. Harry's green orbs desperately met mine, silently begging me to believe him.
I appreciated him not stepping closer to me, respecting that i needed to have some distance, a little space, so i could sort my thoughts. Though i knew he ached to reach me and have me give him comfort and it was difficult to resist him, too, as i disliked it greatly when he was tormented by guilt. He always got that look in his eyes when he knew he'd done something wrong. His cheeks would be flushed, his lips somehow paler and his eyes held a vertain dullness that replaced the sparkle they normally had in them.

"Y/n, please. Try to understand."

I sighed and shook my head. The palms of my hands pressed to my cheeks and i gently moved the tips of my fingers in a circular motion against my temples.

"I am tired, Harry," i muttered, my voice dry and my tone much rougher than what i intended.

Harry's eyes closedd and he tooka step back in defeat. "Tired of me?"

"Tired of everything," i eleborated, letting my hands slip down again so i could look at him properly.

Harry's gaze followed me observantly as i picked up another two if the wine glasses set on our coffee table, before walking through our living room and into the kitchen.
The people (well, technically, we) had invited over tonight had long left and through my friend Kate had aided me in tiding some of the remaining glasses and foods around, there was still a lot to clean. I wetted a cloth under the stream of hot tap water, hissing when it touched my skin.

Tonight hadn't been supposed to be anything special. It hadn't meant a lot. And that was exactly why it upset me so much that he hadn't made time for it.
Harry was busy more times than not, which was understandable goven his dedication to his job. I'd known i'd have to share his wime with his work as if his music was a third party in our relationship, and i respected that from day one.
But now he was on his hiatus and though he still had things to do and projects to work on, it meant he could decide his shedule himself an darrange time around as he pleased. It made it easier for both of us, as we automatically saw each other much more often and i loved having him home more.
Unfortunately however, Harry had one big flaw. Having lived with a tight shedule for so long, he'd learnedquickly how to make priorities and most of the time, those priotrities had been his career related things. Now that he technically had the freedom to put something else first, he still had great difficulty doing so.
Tonight, Harry and i planned on holding a small gathering of friends at our newly bought house in east London. It had been all i'd had on my mind all week and i'd worked my ass off to organize it, get all the foods our guest could want (including the boring super healthy things H loves and tried to get me on board with, too) and but alcoholic liquids to ensure we'd all have a relaxed and fun evening. And in many ways it had been a success.
I hadn't seen one person mope around or alone all nightand Kate had even made me introduce her to one of Harry's friends, saying that she fncied him. I'd had fun and enjoyed spending time with the people i cared for deeply, the only thing that made it less perfect was the fact that Harry didn't show up iuntil half of our guests invited had left already.

I knew i should have known. Harry hadn't helped organize anything, which should have been a clear sign from the start that he didn't care. And i knew exactly why.
If i told him it was for a birthdat, he would have been there, If i'd claimed to be celebrating someone's promotion at work, he would have been there. Any reason, any occadsion, he would have made time and been his usual warm and attentive self.
It was the things without apparent meaning behind them that he made no time for. And that upset me.

I squeezed the cloth in my hand and briefly wondered if i was being ridiculous. At least my boyfriend was there when i needed him to be for something important, but was it really tha silly that i wanted him around for simple dn normal things, als well? A sigh fell from my mouth. Even if i were to comfront Harry about it now, i was sure i wouldn't have made much sense.

"I'll be here next time, y/n."

I turned around to face him where he was stood in the doorwat. His body was tense and his fists clenched and my heart ached at how utterly asad he looked. His features were tight and his eyes wide.

"Harry," i breathed, "I don't care about a next time right now. You know how much i wanted you here tonight."

He nodded and let his head hung low before sniffling noisily, making my knees weak. Oh dear god, don't cry.

"M'sorry," he repeated in a whisper, his eyes still on his feet.

I swallowed, fighting the tears burning my own eyes before stepping closer to him, throwing the wet cloth aside in process. Harry flinched when my arms wrapped around his shoulders, before he whimpered and leanesd into my touch. A low hum fell from his lips when i pressed a kiss to his shoulder and i relaxed against him, taking in his familiar smell. Harry's own arms hesitantly wrapped around my waist, before tightening once he was sure i wouldn't push him off again. His face buried into my neck and his nose grazed along my skin, making me gasp quietly. I wound my hands into his hair and gently pulles at his hair, massaging his head in process as i knew he found comforting.

"Please make time in the future," i whispered against his ear, "For the ordinairy things."

"I promise."