A Good Guy

Calling a person in the middle of the night whilst being under the influence of a lot of alcohol, is never a good idea. And if the person you're trying to reach at that hour is your ex-boyfriend, that idea turns from being fairly bad to absolutely lunatic,
And still, in that moment, her upset mind couldn't offer any other idea than to try and contact him, be it just to wake him up and then end the call, or to talk and confess that she still wanted him.

Their relationship, although calling it that was a bit of a stretch, had broken into pieces a long time ago, and even when it hadn't been a mutual decision, sober her knew that it had been for the better.
Harry was a catch, no doubt, but they hadn't meshed well. By the end of the months spent fooling around, calling the other boyfriend or girlfriend caused of bitter taste in both of their mouths.
But drunk her wanted to have him back regardless.
Drunk her needed to be reminded of how his voice sounded when he was woken up from a deep slumber, be it only so it could help her picture the adorable mess on the top of his head.
And maybe, she let herself hope, calling him now would get him now wouold get him to come and pick her up. Which in turn would let her see him again, something she so desperatley ached for.

And so she lifted her phone and opened her contract list in search for his name, which she hadn't deleted even after he'd asked her to.

The shrill sound of his phone ringing didn't manage to pull harry from his sleep. His girlfriend pushing weakly against his shoulder and whining next to his ear did,

"Good god, har, turn that off" y/n mumured and tried to bury her head in her pillow while simultaneously scooting away from him and his side of the bed where the ringing was coming from, something he prevented by keeping both arms locked around her waist.

"Shh, it'll go away on its own" harry replied and buried his head into her neck, "Sleep."

Like a koala, harry clung onto her and she qwhined when his leg draped over her thighs. Y/n tried to believe him and squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for the awful ringing to come to an end.
But it didn't. THe caller was persistent. Y/n thought she was going to cry.

"Harry. Please."

With a loud groan harry forced himself to sit and reached for his phone.

"Who it is?" y/n hummed and pulled the covers back up to her chin, "Anne? Gem?"

Those were the only two people who shewould allow to call him in the middle of the night.

"No" harry said and frowned, "Don't know the number. Hello?"

Y/n turned to lay on her side and look at him, at first to ask him to please leave the room and let her sleep, but once she recognized a troubled expression on his face she stopped and instead reached out to rub his wrist softly.
Where there was previously been peace evident in his features, was now none of it left as it faded away the moment the person on the other side began to talk. It was a voice harry recognized all too well. A voice he hadn't heard in a long while and that with full intention.

"Why are you calling me at this hour?" harry asked and his calm and cold manner easily alarmed y/n.

Whoever he was talking to, couldn't be a person he liked.

"Harry? Is everything okay?"

He glanced at her briefly and nodded before his hand found hers and she soothingly drew circles over his knuckles.
Even when sleep was still trying to pull her under and her eyes were burning the longer she forced them to stay open, harry's sudden change in demeanor was enough to keep her up.

"No, are you serious?" harry exclaimed, "I can't- no, of course not, but- her, stop messing around that's not gonna happen!"

"Who is it?"