Driving Lessons

This really wasn't going even half as well as he'd promised me it would and slowly my faith in him and especially in his so calles teaching skills began to subscribe. Harry was much braver than me and time had taught him how when he set his mind to something there was most likely a success to be found. I on the other hand knew what failure was and after having discoverd my lacj of skill whem it came to driving and everything else even remotely car related i'd quickly given up all together. However Harry wouldn't have it.

"Driving is not a big deal," he'd groaned after learning of my fear, "And i'll prove that tomorrow just so you know. You're ridiculous."

"Over are the days when you preached nothing but how wonderful you find me, huh?" i'd let my head roll back and turned to my boyfriend with a pout, "Guess the romance really does die before you know it."

To this he'd laughed and i'd shrieked when his hands were grasping my ankles and pulling me onto his lap, where he'd then continued to tackle and kiss me noisily until i'd been convinced of how very present his love for me still was.

Secretly i had hoped he'd let the subject go, i really did. But Harry had a very persistent side to him. So that's how i'd ended up here in the driver seat of his car with his watchful eyes set on every move i made.
My shaking hands had never before been this sweaty and i was red with embarrassment at how they even left a palm print on the steering wheel whenever i moved to brush the ket. This was awful and for what had to be the tenth time i wondered why i always let him do this kand of stuff to me. A shaky breath left my lips and i glanced at Harry with uncertain eyes only to be met by his wide and confident smile.

"I don't think i can do this, Harry."

My voice was much thinner than expected, making his smile widen and his eyes warming with sympathy. He leaned in and his lips caught my cheek in a soft peck.

"You do look a little stressed out, love." Harry chuckled against my skin before gently brushing his hand against my leg.

"What if i crash your car?" i asked, aware f how much he loved the blue vehicle he'd even jokingly named 'Bradley', "Or run over a cat? Harry, what if-"

"You're not chickening out of this now," Harry spoke whilst rolling his eyes, "I learned how to drive the moment i turned 18 and passed with ease and in one try only."

I turned to him with arched brows. "Have i ever mentioned that i just love how humble you are?"

"Shut up," Harry chuckled and squeezed my knee before withdrawing his touch and gesturing towards the wheel. "C'mon. The key's there to be turned."

My fingers still shook and i reluctantly touched the small object. It felt wrong and thinking of it now perhaps my feet didn't reach the pedals well enough either... I turned to Harry once more. "But what when-"

"Y/N, i'm right next to you," Harry huffed impatiently, "SHould anything happen i'm here to step in, alright?"

With serious eyes he nodded towards the keys and i bit my lip, doubts clouding my head as i slowly turned it. Harry laughed when i jumped at the sound of the car coming to life and ereached out to rub my shoulder in effort to ease the tension.

"Okay," Harry hummed lowly, still incredibly calm considering he was sitting nect to an emotional wreck, "Now you slowly release the clutch while giving it a little gas. Gently, Y/N. But don't be shy, just-"

"I'm suppose to be gently and not shy at the same time? How is that supposed to work, i-"

"It's fine, c'mon,"Harry reassured me, "Yes, good! Just like that."

Harry smiles as i slowly followed his instructions and i shrieked in happy surprise as the car moved. Oh god.

"Harry!"

My hands held on to the wheel so tightly the whites of my knuckled became visibly and i felt so hot i was certain my forehead was dripping with sweat.

"You're driving!" Harry exclaimed, "Good girl i knew you could do it! Now turn left over there."

"Why do you sound so surprised ans turn left where?" i panicked and Harry's hand acted quick in grabbing mine and forcing it to stay on the wheel before i could pull away.

"We're on an empty parking space, love, turn left whenever you want so we're going in a circle, yeah? At your own time."

Harry's ability to stay calm astounded me and he even managed to genuinly smile at me. My panicked state didn't anger him at all. My teeth sunk into my lower lip as i did what he'd asked and my eyes widened when the car obeyed my commands.

"Oh my god it's working!" i cried out, eyes finding Harry's happy expressions. I couldn't remember a time when my heart hammerd in my chest like this before.

"You're doing great. baby!" he encouraged and i blushed at the pride in his tone, "Eyes on the road, though, love. Know how much you like my face but right now-"

"Please wait to be a narcissist until i'm no longer in the position of potentially killing us both, okay? Does that work for you?"

Harry laughed. "Alright, sorry."

We continued to drive in a circle and my mood increasingly got better the longer i got to my success, untill Harry decided that he wanted to teach me how yto park.
Now this did not work out at all and frankly it annoyed me how he didn't let me enjoy myself a little longer. I insisted that the space he'd chosen was too narrow for his far too large vehicle and got frustrated the longer he refused to let let me give up.
I could tell Harry really tried to remain patient with me and i loved him for it but even though we were on an empty parking space i could see how much closer we were coming to the wall of one of the buildings surrounding us. What if i couldn't reach the break in time? Or if the wheel didn t turn properly and we'd crash? Parking was the one thing many drivers struggled with anywat wasn't it? Why the hell did he need me to humiliate myself, now?

With a forcefull push i stepped down onto the break bringing the car to an abrupt halt that jolted Harry and myself forward.

"Fucking hell, what now?" he cried out.

"I wanted to check if the break worked," i apologized, my breathing harsh, "Sorry."

"Warn me next time, love. Bradley isn't the youngest anymore, please remember that."

"Right," i murmured, "i'm sorry."

"It's fine, love," Harry assured, his hand finding mine to squeeze my palm, "You're being a baby chicken but it's endearing and i love you regardless so-"

"Oh stop it," i rolled my eyes, "i love you as well but if you don't shut up i'll make Bradley kiss that wall over there."

"You wouldn't dare!"