Salted Wounds - #2

His hands were a constant warmth y/n felt at her hips as harry wouldn't let go of her the entire they were by the bar. She couldn't quite say that she minded though. Most of the past rounds of shots she'd taken had been on him, and the more alcohol she had in his system, the louder did he argue with her when she offered to pay the next. His eyes held a sparkle of deep warmth in them and his cheeks shone as they wore a constant smile.
It was lovely to see him happy and relaxed, y/n observed as she watched him, laughing and much more outgoing than what he had been just a week ago, the night that had ended with them asleep naked and together on the couch.
Y/n still couldn't quite place what had happened the next day, something that kept her confused every time she thought about it.

Harry had stayed around for breakfast, he'd actually made it for her. She'd awoken to a dull pain at the back of her neck and the smell of pancakes, which he'd somehow mixed together with the ingredients she'd had laying around. How he'd managed for them to taste good had surprised her, when the gesture itself however hadn't been all that strange.
They's spent the night at each other's home before and it had almost become their way to say thank you that the one staying over made breakfast for the other, however that particular morning, harry had been different than usual.
He had kept touching her, had tried to hold her whilst she'd pealed bananas for them, had kissed her cheeks rapidly and by the time he'd left, y/n had lost count of how many times he'd complimented her for any kind of things, be it her looks, her kindness or once even the way she moved.

It was silly to complain or feel strange about it, since surely she should have been nothing but happy and humbled about the not too sudden but faintly overbearing attention she was recieving, however she did feel slightly uncomfortable, especially since him being all together too kind to her hadn't changed over the week.

Through out the past five days, they'd both been busy and hadn't seen each other, but he'd called her every night and had texted at least four times each day. Again, the texting part hadn't been anything new, but calling and talking on the phone wasn't common for them and after the second day, y/n had actually purposely missed his call, simple because she hadn't had any idea what else to say.
And now that she was with him, he didn't seem to be any less clingy.
Hrry had been the one to suggest going to one of the pubs they really liked and y/n started to feel bad for letting him spoil her so much with drinks and a plate of chips, but he was determined and after enough drinks, y/n relaxed into his hold and stopped worrying about him being too attached.

"Love, do you want something else to drink? Change it up a bit? Or are you alright with the shots?" harry asked, a faint smile on his lips.

"Oh, i'm alright, thanks though. You seriously have to let me pay you back at some point though."

Harry roled his eyes. "Yeah, we'll see about that."

With his arm slung around her shoulders, harry watched with a constant smirk on his pretty face how his y/n downed the drinks he ordered for her and ate the chips. It made him quite happy.
He knew he wasn't taking care of her half as well as she had looked after him a week ago, but harry didn't mind trying and giving his best, even if it meant doing little things like ensuring that she had a lovely night.
However his calm state of mind was disturbed when his eyes spotted the one person he didn't ever want to see again.

Adriana had long seen him, the second she'd stepped into the bar, actually, and to watch him feed and cuddle a girl that wasn't her, angered her greatly.

"Fuck."

Y/n was alarmed at the sudden displeasure on his face, the deep frown he'd worn practically everyday the week before was back on his forehead and his lips had gone a shade paler. She followed his gaze and for some reason found herself not surprised at all that the person her eyes landed on was a tall and beautiful woman, a woman so gorgeous she could practically have invented that word. Her hair was long, curly and a natural deep black deep black, her skin shone int he dim light of the bar and her big brown eyes were focusing on harry with an intensity that made y/n's stomach flutter.
She'd never spoken to ehr before, but y/n knew that it was her, adriana.