A Threatening Kiss

His hair was a mess after having his ringed fingers furiously pulling on the newly short locks. Harry's eyes were desperate and reflected his distraught emotions. After having argued for over two hours now, he felt like all hope i might believe his words was lost. He didn't look much better myself as i had adapted Harry's habit of stressed hair pulling. Additional to that came the redness om my cheeks and the stickiness the tearshad left on them. MY mind and heart raced as i stared at the man standing in front of me. He looked so strange to me now.

I'd always expected something like this to happen, he was the famous Harry Styles after all. People loved him, wanted to be like or with him and as his girlfriend, i was aware that at some point, i'd be pulled into the mess as well. Some day, someone would try to jeopardize our relationship. However, i had always thought that should it happen, it wouldn't be real. Maybe a PR stunt his management forced onto him without him knowing or something.
I had never believed that he would come home and tell me that the pictureds of him pressed against and kissing a girl, why clearly wasn't me, were real. The pink lips i was so familiar with had just been tasted by someone else and that was something i could not accept.

"Why can't you just listen to me?" Harry cried, his voice breaking after being raised for too long.

"Because this is exactly what everyone warned me about when i first started going out with you!"

Sitting down in the couch i buried my face in my hands as i allowed more tears to fall. My entire body jerked as sobs wrecked through me and i shook my head in disbelief.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked, disappointment evident in his voice.

"It's what you always do, right? You're going out with one girl and once you're sick of her you pick the next in line. I always figured that was a PR thing and that it wouldn't happen once you were in a serious relationship, but i guess i was wrong."

"Seriously, y/n? You can't just hold what i did before i was with you against me now, that would make you no better than all those damn magazines talking bullshit about me. And besides, that's not what happened at all! This girl just came on to me!"

"Yeah? Well maybe none of this would've happened if you'd told your precious fans about us! Maybe you wouldn't have to fight girls off if they know that you're already with someone!"

I knew i was being unfair as we had actually gotten to an agreement on that topic already, but i continued anyway. "But you like that don't you? That's why you're keeping me as your dirty, little secret at home! You love how every girl would throw herself at your feet and kiss them should you ask!"

He shook his head. Harry's breathing was hectic and he looked as exhausted as i felt. His usually intimidating appearance was shadowed by the glossiness of his green eyes and the hollowness of his cheeks. I felt sick. I knew what my words did to him, but to finally have voiced my darkest fears felt like a weigh being lifted off my chest.

"Look, Harry, i think we've argued aenough for tonight. I'm done."

He stared at me silently before nodding. "Alright. We should just talk about it tomorrow."

"No," i breathed, repetitively clenching and unclenching my fists. "I'm done with this mess. I want- I need a break."

Harry's eyes followed my movements as i got up and brushed past him on ym way to the kitchen. When my shoulder brushed against his arm i felt as if the contact burned my skin. The meal i had prepared before the yelling had begun was now a mess and littered all over. The pieces of his plate lay still shattered on the floor while my food rested untouched and i quickly decided that i would only clean the worst of it tonightand leave the rest for tomorrow.