Party Monster

There he stood. The room around him, all people dancing and chatting, blurred as he became all could see clearly. It was as if he'd had me wrapped into a net that kept on pulling me towards him and trapping me, so i couldn't help but stare. His legs were hugged ightly by a pair of black jeans while his torse was adornign a soft looking silky shirt, decorated by many different patterns. I but my lip in admiration. How could anyone be so effortlyssly beautiful. Harry's sparkling eyes were set on my face and i could particularly see his brain try to work out who i as and how he knew me, because surely ity couldn't actually be me. No way. But it was his pink lips fell apart once he realized. His eyes widened in shock and his expression became one of surprise. My fingers shook heavily as i raised my drink to my lips, trying to act casual and as if his presence didn't affect me in the slightest, before looking away. A shudder had run down my back and covered my skin with goodebumps and i closed my eyes to will m y heart to stop it's rapid beating and to instead return to a calmer rhythm.

It's just Harry. He's probably anot even goign to talk to me. He surely doesn't care anymore, becase really, why should he?

I swallowed another big gulp from my drink, emptying the glass in process, hoping the liquid woild give me enough courage to at least face him, given that talking was completely out of the question, but my eyes foudn his before i could wait for the alcohol to get into my systen. I just couldn't stop myself, already pulled back under the same spell he'd had me under when we'd first met.
Harry's forehead was set into a deep frown and his hands, those hands i loved so mucg, were laced together loosely, fiddling with each other's fingers. I but the inside of my cheek when i noticed him wearing the same silver ring i had bought him for his birthday all this time ago, back when we had still been.... us . How come he had kept it? And more importantly, why hadn't ge taken it off?

My breath hitched when i watched Harry turn to the man he'd come with, saying something into his ear until the stranger nodded. Then Harry surprised me by walking towards me.

Fuck. Shit. No.

My body turned around and i frantically scanned tge room in hoped of seeing someone, anyone, with whom i could have a conversation to escape the one Harry would try and lead with me. I couldn't talk to him, not without....
But none of the dancing bodies around me seemed familiar and all i could do was wait for Harry to reach me. Soon enough i felt him close, just as if his body radiated so muc armth it could be felt from far. I took a deep breath and turned around, already having his body easily loom obver mine. The look on his face as he looked down at me was unreadably and i bit the inside of my cheek. Harry's lips were pressed together, his eyes narrow and his chest moved visibly at his heavy breathing.

"Hi," i stammered, swallowing down the lump in my throat and tapping the edge of my empty glass in nervousness.

He stayed silent, looking at me still. His bottom lip was pushed forward in a slight pout and i felt heat rush to my cheeks under his observing eyes. I jumped when Harry responded by taking hold of my wrist and then once more when he surprised me by pulling me into his chest, holding my body to his gently. I could feel him chuckle against my tense shoulder, sensing that he'd caught me off guard, and i winced when he squeezed me. Both of my arms were pressed against his chest, unable to reciprovate the embrace, in an awkward position.

"Still so jumpy," Harry whispered against my ear in a laugh, taking a deep breatgh against my skin.

A surprised whine fell from my mouth when he pushes me back a little and Harry's cheeks showed off their dimples as he smiled warmly, making up for the sudden rejecting gesture. His sparkling green orbs watched me and i frowned when his fingers took the empty drink from me and placed it on the table by my side.