The Vanishing Of Us

The house was eerie quiet. No floorboards creaked, no stairs groaned. With shaking hands y/n lifterd a cup filled with her favourite tea to her lips, hoping the warmth of the drink would help cakm her.Yet as she swallowed the soothing liquid her tears wouldn't cease. Instead she choked on a sob, coughed and sat most of the drink right back out. "Shit."

Crying freely she wiped the spit off the counter. Accepting that calmness wouldn't come to her anytime soon, she opened the dishwasher to put the mug away. It was then that she noticed that it wasd empty. In fact even thought it was close to seven pm, there were no dishes in the sink, no crumbs of food on the counter, and no forgotten glass left on the table. The house was so cleaan and tidy, it might as well had nobody living in it for weeks. Y/n realized sadly, that this might have been just the case. Everything looked untouched.
With a heavy breat y/n closed the machine.

In the hallway she was met with her suitcase and heavy bag, luggage she had yet to bring herself to unpack. Y/n had struggled to get the heavy bags up the stairs to their home by herself. Even getting them out of the back of her cab had been a difficult. Y/n deicded to spare herself and not carry them ip to their bedroom. With tired steps she walked up the stairs and to her room. Here, too, everything looked lonely and untouched. The bed was made, the pillows arranged. More tears fell and she wiped them off her cheek forcefully. Why did it not look slept in at all?
Climbing into the cold mattress , curling up around a cold pillow and falling asleep by herself, was certainly not how she'd imagined spending her frst night back home.

Where was Harry?

She had called him seven times. Had sent him ten messages. But nothing had come of it. Knowing him, it wasn't unlikely that he'd turned off his phone. He liked doing ;that to keep his attention solely on his work, however why would he do that today? Out all times?
He must have done it for different reasons, meaning that he was most likely purposely ignoring her approaches. The only thing she couldn't wrap her head around was why, especilly not when she couldn't have done anything to upset him. She'd been absent for three weeks, and dureing that time they'd had plenty of phone calls and messages proclaiming how much they were missing each other. It certainly hadn't sounded like he wanted distance. Every night, he'd told her over and over ow relived he was that he woyuldn't have to sleep alone much longer. He'd sounded so happy and excited, it had made her feel so appreciated and loved. And on the dat she was coming back, their home was empty and her lover gone.

Y/n pulled the sleeves of her shirt over her knuckles and cuddled herself into the material. A blanket rested on her body and two pillows shielder her dorm the cold coming from the window, and yet she shivered. The salty taste of crying gathered on her lips. She didn't bother wiping the tears off anymore. Instead she shut her eyes and hoped for sleep to come and bring her the relief of unconsciousness. Wherever Harry was, y/n hoped that he was sleeping okay.

...

She sat crossed legged on their grey couch, coffee in one hand, phone in the other. The name of y/n's friend Kelsea flashed over the screen as she set put the call on speaker.

"So he's just not been home all day yesterday, and didn't come home tonight either? He didn't sleep at home with you?"

"No, he didn't."

"Where the hell is he then?"

"That's what i'm telling you, i have no idea," y/n replied, "At first i thought maybe the studio, but i called there and was told that they hadn't seen him in a week. I'm staring to get really worried, Kels."

A loud hiss came through y/n's speakerphone.

"Worry? Fuck that. He's a dickhead for being MIA on the day you come home! And then throughout the night, too? He left you alone in a huge house! Over night!"