Our Bruised Souls

The air around hem was thick with tension. It seemed to amost become physical enough to touch and somehow paralyzed their limps, making it impossible for either of them to move and flee the situation. They stood in the narrow space of his kitchen, breathless and with faces sticky from crying. Their mouths trembled and their throats itched from shouting words at each other that they didn't even mean. He looked at her with an expression she couldn't recognize. Had anybody told her that her lover would find it in him to face his soulmate with eyes so empty, she would not have believed them. The warmth they usually carried whenever they found her face was gone and at its place was a coldness that felt like a claw around her heart. It seemed out of character for him.

Harry was never anything but kind with her. With this version of him that stood before her, y/n didn't know how to act. Then again, she had no doubt that it was a strange situation for them both. Harry wasn't used to not be getting his way; every time, anytime. Especially from her. So now that they didn't agree and she wouldn't stand down, she had triggered a fury inside him that she had yet to have met before.

"I can't believe my own girlfriend would betray me like this!" "Betray you? oh, so i have betrayed you now?" "Yes, you have!" "Harry!" y/n shouted but he didn't even flinch, "I went to lunch with my friends and without my knowledge about it, he decided to join!" Suddenly the air around them shifted and harry's posture straightened. Like a hawk he held her prison with his stare and a cold shudder travelled down her back. Y/n noticed his knuckles turn white when his hands balled into tight fists at his sides and y/n subconsiously took a step back, her knees weak. Any other day, harry would have stopped pushing her. He would have noticed the movement and recognized that y/n felt uneasy in his precense, which under other circumstances would have sufficed form him to force himself to calm down. Harry never wanted to be blame for a woman's discomfort. Well, usually he didn't. Today, seeing y/n shrink back gave him a perverse sense of pleasure. today, harry felt encouraged and screamed even louder.

"You are making me feel like i'm insane for not liking that my girlfriend went out with a guy she knows fancies her!" "Your girlfriend" y/n mocked, "Went for lunch with her friends and a guy you claim fancies her, decided to sit at the same table! For fuck's saye harry, we didn't even talk aside from saying hello and goodbye!" "And you don't seem to be pleased about that at all!" he yelled back before continuing with a voice so calm it chilled her, the shift unexpected, "You wanted his attention, huh? i'm not good enough for the lady we have here!"

Y/n's mouth fell open in a gasp of shock. She didn't couldn't even begin trying to find the words for a reply. There was so much wrong with what he'd said. Her pretty eyes gleamed with tears, yet his heart was too cold to be moved. All of her other cries had been ignored before as well. Aside from their could, erraric breathing and the occasional raise of their voices, his home was so quiet it seemed eerie. Harry detested silence. Normally he always had one of his vinyls playing of not that then the tv was on. Ever since meeting harry, being with him and spending time in his home, y/n had never experienced those walls so calm.

Now the house stood like a concrete fortress that strongly held their rage at bay. Kept it inside the heavy stones so it unleashed on no one but each other. Y/n's head was spinning and she sniffled. Her nose was red and wound from her many times she'd rubbed it in the past twenty minutes. Harry took the sight in and gave her an evil laugh. "Got nothing to say anymore, huh?" "No" y/n shook her head, not meeting his eyes and whimpered in defeat, "If that is how you think of me, then it seems like all my words are void of meaning to you."

Harry hissed so loudly y/n guessed he spat some in the floor. "You martyr." Y/n cried. Her expression pulled into an ugly grimace and with both hands pressed flat on to her face sher turned away, finally unable to see any part of him for a second longer. The noises coming from her mouth were terrible and even his rage filled mind, harry found them awful to hear. She was after all, the person who held his heart. What happened to you? Y/n wanted to shout and hated herself fior not being strong enough to do so. She needed to hear him, needed to understand how he could go from loving her with his everything, to wanting to give her the most pain.