Warm Affection

Harry couldn't quite focus on what his friend was telling him, since all of his attention was accupied by his tired and slightly tipsy girlfriend, who he held in his arm and had clinging to his chest. Her hand was curled around his jumper, partially to keep herself steady, though he was sure that she above all tried to keep him close.

"Are you feeling alright?" harry murmured, his eyes observing her face closely once his friend left and he no longer had to keep up appearance. Y/n smiled softly and pressed a kiss to his shoulder, appreciative of his loving care for her.

"Just a little tired, har" she said, soothing his mind, "But i'm okay." "Hm." Her eyes fell shut when his mouth connected to her forehead in a short kiss and he hummed a second time upon breathing in her familiar scent. In his heart, harry knew the warmth he felt for the girl in his arm was love, and by the way her eyes sparkled he knew she felt it, too. Her face radiated and shone with adoration for her boyfriend when he turned to look at her, at times so much so he couldn't help himself and had to kiss her.

"You don't look too happy" harry observed and made her giggle by brushing his finger along her cheekbone gently, "I love your smile." "Well, i can feel my head pounding a little and the alcohol is making me think that i miss you too much."

Harry laughed at her pout and turned to face her with his body before wrapping her up in a tight embrace that let her hide her head in his neck. Without hesitating any ounce of shyness, y/n slung both arms around him and curled her hands in his hair. Her mouth found his collarbones where she kissed him and to harry it felt like she had reached into his chest and touched his soul, all because of her tenderness and because of the kindness she never failed to give him. Harry felt deeply moved by her and all of her gestures, no matter how small.

"Don't have to miss me" harry promised in a whisper against her ear and she shuddered under his warm breath, "I'm not going anywhere. And i were, then i'd be coming back again, always." Her hold on him tightened. His words made her wince and harry grinned her skin before silencing her small whines by pressing several kisses to her shoulder and neck, all the while his palms rubbed up and down her back.

They didn't care that them embracing and holding on to the other in the middle of a rather busy space was strange, because to their luck their friends and harry's business partners were quite accustomed to them being very affectionate with each other. No longer did they recieve funny looks upon taking a moment just to kiss each other hello, goodbye ir just because. It wasn't weird that they were connected by their hands at practically all times, and if not that, then their arms were wrapped around the other.

"I shouldn't have had that much champagne" y/n sighed once her boyfriend let go enough for her to take a step back. She was glad that she was only feeling a little dizzy, for she didn't like it when the alcohol hit its full effect while harry remained sober. At times she wondered how much of her clinginess he enjoyed, and how much got overbearing, which she could control when she wasn't drunk, but didn't care at all about when she was. Y/n often thought that about the few times she'd let go completely around him and found herself falling even more when she was reminded of how kind and sweet he'd been. No annoyance, no humor and affection. But she didn't want to push too far.

"don't like being drunk around you." At that, harry laughed. "I like it, lover. Don't worry about it. And you're definitely not drunk right now. You're just exhausted." "Yes, that's for sure." His hand took hold of hers. "Shall we go home?" Y/n tilted her head to the side and eyed him, before turning around to look for jeff. "Har, i don't think this event is over yet." He shrugged. "So?"

Y/n smiled and moved her thumb across his knuckled. "Don't ditch all this just because i'm tired. I can just wait and sit down somewhere over there, that's fine, honest." "Yes, as if" he rolled his eyes and intertwined their fingers so he could pull her to his side and then towards the door, "Jeff won't realise we've left until we're home anyway. And i've mentioned that i won't stay as long as usually."

She knew that she should protest more, that as a good and supportive girlfriend she would have to insist that he stayed and met more of the important business men jeff had organised for him to be introduced to, but with his hand in hers and the tiredness finally catching up with her bones, y/n decided to simply follow him instead. He could be important and proffesional any other day, tonight he would just be important. "Harry?" He turned to look at her whilst reaching for their coats that hung by the door. "Yes?" Y/n smiled. "I love you." "Oh" he cooed and with his free hand cradled her cheek to kiss her quickly, "I love you as well."

His mouth connected with hers a second time after pulling away briefly and with both honds on either side of his neck she grasped his shoulders and deepened the kiss, making sure to let him know just how deeply she'd fallen for him by letting their connection talk for itself. You make me feel like i always come first, y/n wanted to tell him, and as if i'm the only person that matters. She didn't say anything though ans instead waited for him to hand her her coat before she took his hand again and when their eyes met, y/n knew that she didn't have to voice her thoughts to him.

Harry knew. Their short mometns of affection, given so freely as displays and promises of love, sufficed to let them both rest assured that they had given their hearts into safe hands.