Not Together Together

The gathering harry had asked y/n to organzie for him was going remarkably well, considering that he as the host wasn't at all excited about having his house filled with people considered friends as well as their friends who had just decided to tag along and he had never seen before. All of his guests were having fun, were laughijng about something stupid and chatting about mindless subjects. A proper party. One that was justto much.
Harry didn't like how the noise got even worse, especially the quicker the alcohol pumped through their systems.
Slowly but surely his head began to pound and ache, a pain that intensified the longer his friends messed around in his living room and he was glad that everything of value to him had been stored in cabinets and closets.
Harry bit the inside of his cheek and let his eyes wander to the kitchen.

Where was she?
Harry flinched when a hand squeezed his hip playfully and he was about to snap at whoever had touched him when his eyes met hers. There she was. His heartbeat increased, his cheeks blushed blushed since her presence alone was enought to paint a smile on his lovely face. Y/n gave a soft smile herself and lifted her hand to gently rub his ar and caress the skin with her nails. When he could have snapped only a moment ago, now he was calm.
All if a sudden it seemed to him as if she was thew sun who'd brightened up his clouded mind.

"y/n" he breathed, relief washing over him a like a heavy wave, and he opened his arms, an invitation she happily accepted.

His head pushed into her neck and she shrieked when he was as far as picking her up just so she was even closer to him. For once he didn't care that all his other friends were around and observed. He was too caught up in breathing her in, something that made him so dizzy he let himself go for a moment alone and nipped at her jaw. Y/n squealed. Her arms slung around his neck and she pressed a loving kiss to his temple, shutting her eyes against his warm and soft skin. If he wasn't holding her she was certain she would melt right there.

"Harry" she sighed and rubbed her nose against his forehead, "Am i that shit at throwing parties for you?"

Harry shook his head against her skin and allowed himself to press one last kiss to her neck.

"It's not your fault though. Threq a great party, love, i'm juts not in the mood for ine at all. that's why i'm not too cheerful. Everyone else seems to be having fun."

Her fingers curled into his hair and lightly pulled at his brown locks. "I know. You look quite miserably, lovely."

A low chuckle rubled through his chest and he set her back to her feet. She met his gaze with patience and briefly let her hand linger on his cheek, caressing the light stubbly along his lips. Harry wanted to drop to his knees and kiss her feet.

"Thanks, love."

She grinned and went back to rubbing his shoulder and though he loved the gesture, harry wished she would go back to touching his face.

"As bad as i feel for you, i won't kick anyone out. You need this?"

"Oh really?"

"Yes" y/n pulled at the sleeve of his shirt, "But how about i keep taking care of everething and you just try to enjoy this without worrying about anything?"

He shrugged. The idea didn't convince him. Because if he were being honest, he wouldn't want y/n to go anywhere, not if he wasn't right by her side. He would keep her close to him and talk with no one but her, since quite frankly he didn't care about anyone but her and no-one's opinion was interesting to him but hers.
Harry wanted y/n. Just like he had everyday since he'd gone on his break and had time to practically move her into his home.
But she was right, he needed this party, even if he hated it. His friends had started to feel neglected by him constantly giving all if his attention to the girl who'd joined their friendship group only a few months ago and it did harry good to have y/n as well as other friends around him. even when he didn't appreciate it.