No Need To Worry

"Joe is friendly, isn't he?"

A deep frown decorated his forehead as he murmured the wordds, the only give away that the question wasn't meant lightly. For a moment i'd believed he hadn't meant for me to hear at all
I looked over at Harry who was sitting beside me in the back of a cab. His shoulders were tense and his lips set into a pout, his eyes focused out of the window and onto the streets and buildings rushing past us in the dark.
We were surrounded with silence as our cab driver didn't seem to want music playing and anyway after a long and busy night Harry and i were glad to have some peace together. Although it didn't feel too peaceful.
Something was going on in his head and i was determined to find out what. However, Harry didn't like prying. So i would have to be careful.
A smile tugged at my lips and i reached out to rest a hand on his knee. My fingers touched over the skin his ripped jeans left exposed and my smile widened when i noticed Harry trying to supress a a grin of his own when my thumb tickled him slightly. His hand batted at mine in a half-hearted attempt at disconnecting us. I giggled and let go.

"Joe is an alright person, yes," i chose to answer.

"Hm."

Harry shifted in his seat and i swallowed hard when now even the hint of a smile had disappeared from his features. I moved my hand to squeeze his thigh gently.

"Are you okay, Harry?"

He nodded. When i kept staring at him in doubt he rolled his eyes. "M'fine, Y/N."

"Okay."

Silently i unbuckled my seatbelt, careful not to let him notice. Then i leaned in closer and breathed a chaste kiss to his cheek, allowing myself momentarily to enjoy his warmth, his familiarsmell and the softness of his skin, then i moved away again. My eyes focussed onto the trees at the side of the roads we travelled on, all of them decoratedd with lights that made them shine. London really was one beautiful city.

"I don't like Joe," Harry grumbled from beside me.

I let out a laugh. That didn't take even half the time i had expected. "Oh really?"

When i looked at my boyfriend his face was set into a hard mine and he breathed heavily. Both arms were crossed over his chest and one of his knees shook nervously.

"He's strange," Harry explained, though his tone let me know that there was more.

My body turned to his. I let my kneed nudge his gently and lifted one hand to massage his left shoulder. My fingers felt his tense muscles and i sighed, unhappy he was so uncomfortable.
Harry looked at me briefly.

"He kept touching you."

I cleared my throat, unsure how to reply. My head played through the events of the night, entering the restaurant, greeting all of Harry's mates, sitting down with them and enjoying a meal with friends. It had been harmless, hadn't it? Joe didn't even sit close to me.

"What gave you that impression?" I asked quietly.

Harry hissed. Loud.

"What didn't give me that impression is what you should be asking!"

"Har-" I began but was quickly interrupted.

"He kissed your cheek when we came in, too properly and too long. I saw him squeeze your waist when he thought I didn't see and I doubt he knows what his plate looked like, given that he stared at you as if you were his piece of meat he'd have tonight!"

A hand brushed over his forehead and only now did I notice that he was actually shaking. I was certain that if we weren't in the confines of the backstreet of a car he'd explode in rage. His cheeks were flushed and his brows furrowed.

"Harry," I spoke soothingly, "He really didn't seem that pushy to me."

"Probably 'cause you think he's attractive."

Harry's burning green orbs found mine and I shrunk back a little. "Now you're being silly."

He fell silent. My gaze was set on him with worry, trying to find out how to calm him when he would clearly not be swayed to believe into the innocence of his friend anytime soon.

"Harry," I murmured, my hand moving to the back of his neck so I could scratch his hairline, "I love you."

"Great."

I bit back a laugh. My fingers moved up and slightly pulled at his hair. Careful not to make too much noise so the driver wouldn't be alarmed, I climbed closer to him so I could press myself into his side. The skin of his neck shuddered when my mouth found the shell of his ear.

"You're the most handsome man I know," I hushed and all seductiveness of my tone drained when I giggled.

Harry whined and turned his head away, but he was clearly smiling, too.

"Joe couldn't possibly look as good when naked as you do," I continued, feigning a moan, while my hand trailed up dangerously close to his crotch, "You always steal my breath, Harry. Make me crazy."

It was when my teeth nibbled his earlobe that his entire body began to wind and turn, his smile and giggle now impossible to stay hidden.

"Dammit Y/N. Can't you just let me be pissed of at someone for once?"

"Nope," I laughed, "I like your smile far too much, my love."

His eyes met mine, full of adoration and warmth and he leaned in, nudging his nose with my own. Harry's arm found my back and he pulled me into him with a short yank. I giggled and embraced him tightly. He didn't give me any time however, before his lips were attached to my own with needy kisses, almost as if we'd been apart for an undesired amount of time. I whimpered and secured my hold around his neck. His kisses had my tummy flutter and my skin's heat increase. I could taste his desperation to be close and if we were anywhere else I might just have given in.
But we were in a car. And a stranger could watch.

"Harry," I urged, trying to disconnect his mouth from my own, "Wait."

"M'impatient," he groaned.

"Oh I can tell," I giggled, pushing his wandering hands away from my breasts, "But we've got to wait until we're home."

He pulled back at last, a pout on his pink lips and lust in his eyes. Harry could be such a boy at times.
His body relaxed back into his seat and I drew back, only allowing my hand to stay interlocked with his. I let my thumb draw slow circles over his skin before bringing both of our hands up to kiss his.

"We don't have to hang out with Joe again if he made you uncomfortable," I offered.

Harry shrugged. "I would have thought you're the one to find him uncomfortable."

"I don't," I explained, "but he's also not someone I desperately need in my life. Like I do you, for example."

Harry smiled smugly.

I continued, "So it'd be fine with me."

Now it was Harry's turn to bring my hand to his mouth. My heart squeezed happily when he pressed a warm kiss to it.

"Thank you," he murmured, "for putting up with me. You know I hate going all caveman on you but something 'bout him is just off to me."

"I understand," I assured him with a reassuring smile, "And a little caveman is quite nice every now and again."