Look at me

Harry would never know what to say when his eyes met hers.
The moment his orbs found her sparkling ones, he was drowning, flying and falling. All of it at once and all of it with only target: love.
When Harry looked into her eyes, he could geel himself grow love for her, a much stronger and more passionate love that was appropriate. Harry was her friend, after all. Just a friend. Her shining orbs were his weakness and could always read him like an open book. If he were to maintain eye contact for too long then he was sure she would notice the raw emotion in his, the small twitch in his lips that longed to meet hers and how his cheeks blushed.
He knew he couldn't let his emotions show. Her rejection would mean losing her and losing her would mean his end.

Sp... Harry didn't look into her eyes. It might be a silly solution but at this point he had no idea what else he could de. His eyes would be focused on her lips, hand or hair. Anywhere really. He craved her with all that was him, which was just why he needed to distance himself.

And she has started to notice.
She couldn't understand his strange behavior, just like she couldn't understand the sting of jealousy in her chest whenever she watched him smile and speak to other women, women with whim he had no trouble locking eyes with. Sometimes her stomach turned when she noticed how he'd been maintaining eye contact with the same woman for almost an hour. What had Alexa Chung once said? When he looks at you, it feels like staring into the face of a lighthouse. Could be true. It's not like he let her fund out for herself the way he was avoiding her etes with everything he's got.

"Are you mad at me?" The words slipped from her lips begore she could stop them.

Harry was standing next to her, a drink in his hand and his eyes set on the painting on the wall. Then her words reached his ears, he tensed.

"Mad?" he asked, confusion evident in his tone, "No, m'not. Why would you think so?"

She shrugged. "Feels like your avoiding me."

"Been with you all day, love." Harry's hips knocked into hers in a playful nudge, but his smile dripped when he noticed the frown deeply set into her forehead and how her fingers were twitching.

His body turned to hers and his hand found the small of her back, drawing her in just a tiny but closer.
"I'm not avoiding you. Sorry that i made you feel als if i were, love."

"I know you're not physically avoiding me. That's not what i meant." he heard her murmur.

She didn't make sense. But he understood. Of course she'd noticed the lack of attention he'd given her, how he hadn't looked at her. She desired nothing more than his green and intelligent eyes in her and that was just what she was denied.

"Did i do something?"

Harry's face crumbled with her quiet whimper. He shook his head and reached for her hand, pulling her away from the people surrounding them and into a quiet hallway where he knew they could talk in private. Once they reached his destination he gently pushed her up against the wall, making sure she wouldn't run away.

"Darling," he whispered, "Sweetheart, love. I'm sorry."

"You never look at me," she spoke with a pout on her lips and the frown deepening, "Never. And it's frustating, Harry."

Her words tugged at his heart and he couldn't remember the last time he'd felt this bad. Guilt for having made her worry ate at his insides and he found himself cradle her face before he could rethink it. Her cheek felt hot under his hand and her skin soft. his mouth fell open and his heartbeat sped up.
But not even now could he look into her eyes.

She sighed with disappointment and whined. "Harry."

"M'sorry!" he groaned, "S'not easy for me, okay? Looking at you, i mean."

"Ouch," she smiled half-heartily.

He rolled his eyes. "You're beautiful and you know it. I wasn't implying anything else. What i mean is that looking at you... it burns. It feels like my heart is set on fire."

"Why?" she asked, her mind heavy with unfriendly thoughts.

He couldn't find an answer to her question. His nerves were going crazy and his skin prickled. What could he say? What should he say? The truth, maybe, but she wouldn't want his anymore, would she? Or maybe...
One look at her lips sufficed.
He groaned. Perhaps actions did say more than words.
Her breath hitched.
She hadn't expected him to kiss her, but before she could catch up with it, his lips were on hers, his hands in her hair and his body pressed flush against her own. She didn't mind him crushing her into the wall but instead rejoicted at the warmth spreading in her tummy. Harry smelled wonderful, his skin was soft onder her touch and the quiet noises his lips made whenever he deepened the kiss drove her insane. He moaned when her hands pulled at his hair and her knees weakened.

"Harry," she gasped, "Need-need ti breathe, love, please."

Reluctantly he allowed her to pull away, amazed by how her soft lips looked and by how good she looked with her neck marked by his kiss.

"Look at me," she complained, her eyes rolling in frustations but she couldn't help smiling.

Harry grinned, finally allowing his eyes to meet hers. How had he denied himself her warm stare for so long?

"Don't think i'll ever look anywhere else again," Harry confessed with a sigh.

She shrugged and grinned. That was fine with her.