Crossroads

Her eyes were fixed on the few envelops she'd picked up on the floor before closing the door behind her quietly. A huff fell from her mouth and she made a mental note to call the companies who had tried to get a hold of her and her husband and had somehow not gotten their new address.
Y/n shrugged off her bag and set it down on the small cabinet by the door before she made her way into the flat she used to share with Harry. A smile pulled at her lips.
They had loved this place. It wasn't big, which was why they'd moved into a house shortly after their wedding, a choice she hadn't ever regretted in the year it had been since, but looking at the many windows and the all so familiar couch, had a sudden sadness tug at her heart.

"Well," she sighed to herself, "perhaps we can postpone selling this place so more."

Harry wouldn't e thrilled.
y/n hummed along to the tune she'd been listening to on her way over here as she walked into the kitchen. As ecpected she found the china she'd been looking for in one of the cabinets above the stove. She shook her head and giggled at herself.

"How did i not think of coming here sooner?"

Her husband would probably laugh into her face. She'd been nagging him about it, had even claimed that he had probably broken the plates and just wouldn't own up to it. However this short moment of nostalgia and memories was interrupted harshly.
The smile on her face faded when her eyes settled on the couch. It looked a little odd, y/n noticed upon abserving it from where she stood in the doorway. She frowned at the small yellow stan on the armrest, ine she would have sworn hadn't been there when they'd moved out. And it was too bright as that she would've missed it.
But how would there be a new stain on a piece of furniture neither she nor Harry had used in more than twelve months?
And why was Harry's charger laying on the coffee table? The charger she remembered him looking for two days ago before he'd begged her to let him use hers.
Y/n stood frozen. not one muscle moved or follwed her command to react.

Her subconscious had heard im before her brain could catch up and it tried to protect bu not allowing her to move towards what would e the end of her world.
A shudder ran down her back and her hands began to shake uncontrollably, enough so that she dropped the keys and headphones she had been holding in her loose grasp.
Her gaze found the door that would lead to what used to be the bedroom she once shared with him and tears spilled over her cheeks before she could have noticed them gather in her eyes.

She recognized the sound of Harry moaning in pleasure. The sound of her husband with somebody else.

Y/n didn't know what to do.
In movied this would be the wife's turn to grab a pan and surprise the cheating husban with screams and threads to beat his head in. Or maybe amodern and confident woman would just walk in and not let it faze her atr al, wait until the pair took notice of her and then speak somethhing witty and funny, before leaving him with nothing but divorce papers.

But this wasn't a movie. And she couldn't force herself to be angry or witty, nt wen her world was breaking apart beneath her feet.
Instead she was overcome with pain. The kind that stole her breath and let her doubt that she would ever be alright again.
Her crying eyes found the golden band curled around her finger. The ring he'd given her with the promise that she would never find herself in the situation she was in right now.

It was a particurlarly loud groan coming from his mouth that made her wince and somehow unfroze her figure and let her move. With reluctant feet she walked over to the door. Her hand still trembled when it met the doorknob and she opened her mouth to breathe before turning it and pushing open the barrier between herself and the intensity of her heartbreak.

They didn't disconnect fast enough. In her mind, which had somehow slowed down time, she saw Harry kissing the strangers mouth much longer than he actually did. She noticed how desperately close he tried to be to the woman laying under him. How he pressed his naked front to hers, had his hands settled on the headboard behind them to pull himself further into her and deepen their connection. Y/n watched his eyelashes rest on his cheeks as his eyes were squeezed shut in concentration. His lips were red from kissing and they fell apart to release a breathy grunt.
In her mind, the snene played out for an eternity.