A Hint Of Yoghurt

The tranquility reigning in their home was a strange contrast to the heavy screaming that had echoed from its walls only few hours ago. It did very little to make y/n geel better. A heavinessweighted down on her heart.

Y/n sat with her legs dangling from the counter as she rested her back against some drawers. One particular drawer kept poking her shoulder. Still, y/n refused to go to sleep. Part of her excused this by claiming to need something to eat first, when really she was afraid. She didn't want to go to bed alone.
Though she often complained or playfully pushed him away, y/n knew she wouldn't find any rest without harry's heavy arms around her hips and the sound of him snoring in her ear. Instead, he was now snoring peacefully on the couch. Alone.
The quietness was almost eerie. Especially after having heard harry's rough voice bellow out more words than he could have ever meant.
In her hand y/n held her makeshift dinner of yoghurt and oatmeal - a mixture of sticky and dry. It was clearly less fancy than what she would have had if he hadn't forgotten and left her stranding on the street. Y/n tried not to think about the nice italian meal she had been excited to eat all week as she spooned the weet mixture into her mouth.
Y/n shifted. She also woulf have been sitting on a comfortable chair rather hard stone that felt cold through her thin pijama bottoms.

It hadn't been the first time they'd clashed after finging something they disagreed upon. As in any relationship it was a natural thing that somtimes happend. However never like this. Never been on the receiving end of that kind of anger and truthfully she hadn't ever expected to be. Especailly that it had come from harry out of all people was confusing to her.
Usually he was nothing but kind with her. Every touch was tender, every word said with adoration in his tone.
Even when they fought he had never shouted other than maybe a quick "Y/N!" to get her attention when she was ranting. To have him scream and throw word after word at her head had definitely been a first.

"Late supper?"

Though she hadn't heard him get up and make his way from the living room and into the kitchen, y/ wasn't surprised. Part of her had wanted him to wake up and come  apologize. However not that he was looking at her from the opposite side of the kitchen she suddenly felt very small. Sitting there in her tiny light blue shorts and with yoghurt smeared on her upper lip she didn't exactly feel ready for another round. Y/n briefly considered to just bolt back to her room. If he were to scream at her again she knew she wouldn't be able to stand it. Luckily harry harry looked tired himself and appeared to be very calm. Too much so as that he could have resumed their argument.

"Being mad at you made me hungry."

Harry crackled a small smile. "I bet."

Same counted for him. Missing out on dinner with her had left his own tummy empty and rumbling.

"Is that yoghurt?"

Y/n nodded and fed herself another spoonful. Harry bit his lower lip. Under other circumstances he would be standing between her thighs and have her feed him some of her dinner, right after licking off that spot of yoghurt smeared on her lip. He wasn't oblivious to it being his own fault that he couldn't do that now.
Y/n lowered her gaze back to his feet. Looking at him gave her a strange mixture of feelings. On one hand he looked beautiful, even when he was so tired he could pass out. His hair was soft and his eyes bright, making all of her want to reach out and tug him into a hug, slowly her eyes traveled upwards, from his socks to his legs until they stopped on his shorts. Y/n bit back a pleased smile. She recalled throwing the clothing at his face when he had followed her to the bottom of the stairs, still shouting and trying to get her to hear his point.

"You know" harry said, reading her thoughts, "That actually kinda hurt. Metal button hit my nose."

"Too bad." But when she noticed the frown appear on his face she chose to quickly add, "Sorry, harry."