Why Are You Like This?

"Are you sure everything's alright?"

My trhoat dried when i allowed my eyes to meet his sparkling green orbs and the pure worry in them made it difficult tnot to tear up. With deep breath i forced myself to smile.

"Everything is fine, harry" i promised him, my tone just sweet enough for it to cover up the lie, "It was a long day."

"Again?" harry inquired quietly.

"Again." I tried to laugh but got up to walk to the kitchen when i failed.

Ever since the beginning of this week there had been a heavy and uncomfortable feeling settled at the bottom of my stomach making me feel so sick at times i believed i would vomit.
But i couldn't let it snow.

"Do you want some tea?" i called towards  him.

"Sure, yeah. Thanks, beautiful."

With trembling fingers i reached for the kettle and i closed my eyes in hopes  of calming down enough to keep my distraught emotions a secret. And what better than a hot cup of tea?
There was nothing i loved more than spending time with harry and if i could i would have him near me at all times. I felt myself long for him when he was gone, fantasized about being in his presence when i wasn't and when i had him i felt at peace. Momentarily. Harry made me feel warm and without knowing it he'd become the only person who managed to decorate my face with an honest smile. We hadn't been dating for long, only a couple of months, and it was true that were happy. Never before had i felt this close to another person, never before did i trust somebody with my whole heart and no one had ever understood me the way that harry did.
Harry was my everything.
And still i couldn't find it in me to trust with my worried mind.

It wasn't that i thought harry wouldn't be kind. I knew if i were to tell him that i couldn't find any peace and that not even the nights provided me with rest, he would try all he could to be supportive.
What held me back from confinding in him was how utterly ridiculous i felt. Harry had so much going on in gis life, he was under constant pressure and given even more from all sides and all tat once and still he never uttered as much as one word in complaint.
Me? I felt like crying when dealing with what was so minor compared to other people's promblems.
How could i possibly admit this withourt making a fool of myself?

"Y/n?" i heard harry's voice call for me.

My breath hitched and i quickly finished both of our teas.
"Coming!"

----

Hearing my friend's voice over the speaker of my phone relaxed me. At least a little. Kat hadn't had the time to talk properly in a while due to her job taking up a lot of space in her ;ife and selfishly it felt good to hear that i wasn't the only person who wasn't having the best week.

"So anyway" kat spoke, "Things took a turn to the better when the guy i told you about showed up again. I think he recovered form the flu or something."

"I'm glad to hear that."

She chuckled. "I bet your day gets better the moment you have harry around to comfort you."

"Well" i sighed, "Having him around does bring me joy."

When my voice quivered i knew i messed up.

Kat vleared her throat. "What's the matter? Does he not understand or what?"

"I'm sure he would" i muttered.

"Meaning?"

I didn't reply. Kat laughed breathlessly.

"You seriously didn'y tell him? Y/n, he's your boyfriend! And if i recieve a text after about how shitty everything is going for you then something really must be up."