Guess He's really Into Her, Mate

"Hold on. Are we talking about the same person here?"

Harry's teeth sunk into his bottom lip as he tried to bite back the embarrassment rushing through his body and painting his cheeks pink. Admitting this type of secret was to him as awkward as it had when he'd ben 18 years younger. And now his uncomfortable feeling increased by the tone the question had been asked in as it was enough to let Harry immediately know that Jeffrey wasn't at all happy with the confession he'd just heard. Jeff arched his brows at his friend, making Harry shift in his seat once more before he focused on his manager with worried eyes.

"S'no one like her out there," Harry muttered, heartbeat increasing when Jeff's forehead formed a deep frown, "So yeah... we're both talking about her."

"But this is Y/n," Jeff said almost defensively. "She's... she's... i mean.. how? And why?"

Harry slid off his chair and walked around the counter in Jeff's kitchen, for one so he could reach the coffee machine and pour himself the drink he very much needed after the long noght he'd had, and for two so he could bring some distance between himself and his friend. His knees felt uncomfortably jelly-like and he hoped Jeff couldn't notice how wobbly he was walking. This he had not expected when admitting that he felt more than just friendship for the girl Jedd had made a habit of bringing around. Sure, he was aware of how protective Jeff and pretty much everyone elkse who knew the girl was of her, but surely him liking y/n was a good thing wasn't it? Y/n always appeared to care about him, too, so why would Jeff oppose the idea of them together so much? Harry could make y/n happy, he was sure of it. She was kind and she was soft, her mind was bright and to him there was nobody more beautiful than her. And what she needed was a person who could be as kind and as soft with her as her soul was, who cared for her gentle being and would always appreciate her.
Harry could do that. He wanted to do that and to learn that his friend doubted him hurt. A pout tugged at his lips. Sensing where his mind went Jeff cleared his throat.

"M'sorry, mate. Sounded like a prick, didn't i? I want to be supportive of this, really i do. She's a good girl and you're a great lad s'just..."

"What?" Harry asked, unable to keep the tension out of his voice.

Jeff sighed as he desperately searched for the right words. "I've known her quite a while now and i truly love that girl. I really do, Harry. She might as well be my sister by this point."

"Good to know," Harry muttered, not liking hwow his heart had dropped the moment Jeff spoke of loving y/n even though he was of course very aware of Jeff's girlfriend and knew that y/n shared nothing beyond a brotherly bond with his friend.

"Anyway," Jeff continued, "I know that she's been through a lot of crap with boys. Things that took their toll on her and though she doesn't reall y talk about it anymore i know she's influenced by it still. You're great. Of course you are, s'just... I want you to know that you got to be careful with her. Make sense?"

"Well kinda," Harry moved to sit back down next to his friend, "But don't you know that i would never do anything to upset her? Not as her friend and certainly not as her boyfriend should she ever allow me to be that for her. She's... she's so tender with me, you know? And she gets me and she cares for em and... I never had that before. With anyone, Jeff. I never felt like someone would be there and take care of me the way i do when i'm with her."

Harry frowned at his fingers momentarilt before meeting Jeff's eyes.

"Do you not think that i could be good for her?"

"You vould," Jeff soothed Harry quietly, "You already are, no doubt. You're not one of those shitty boys she's been disapointed by. But i also know that you like the adventure sometimes, the excitement of something passionate and short lived with a woman who's fascinating to you for the moment. And there's nothing wrong with that, at all. However if you want y/n it has to be with purely honest intentions and because you want her for more than just a week."