Locked Doors And Broken Hearts

Her stare was set onto the garden outside her home and all of the pretty and colourfull flowers growing there now that spring had finally begun.
Had anyone been watching and seen the tired and sad looking figure of y/n standing by the window, theirs throats would have dried and they would have sensed the heaviness her heart was tormented with.

The room she was standing in was their bedroom, the only room she believed safe enough to flee into and find a safe haven in after the heavy argument she'd had with her lover.
There the walls were thick enough to drown out her cries from curious ears and it had one of the only doors in their house where they'd left the key. Though back then they'd chosen to leave the option to lock that door in case they had guests around and wanted to preserve some prvacy when in bed. Making it one of the only rooms she felt safe enough because she could lock him out hadn't been the idea back then.

And perhaps she was overreacting.
Yes, he'd said things he shouldn't have, but words just as harsh and uncalled for had fallen from her mouth and bitten his heart.
So maybe running away and leaving him behind to sort out his mind alone, wasn't fair.

Her legs were wobbly when she turned and y/n tried to breathe even though the tears falling from her eyes also somehow tied a knot around her throat.
Cold fear froze her chest and pained her stomach, paralyzing her almost enough to keep her from moving. But she knew she couldn't allow the person she loved the most and knew had a good and soft heart, to be in pain and suffer after an argument that had blown up and hurt them both. It had been a fight stupid enough for her to forget what it had been about in the first place and the few fragments she remembered now seemed so irrelevant.

In the meantime, harry felt like he had been crushed and how he imagined it was like to have their heart ripped apart over and over again.
He sat with his head in his hands on the couch, crying and shaking as he couldn't breathe.
The knowledge that his lover was upstairs and hurt, in pain because of what had done, was enough to make him physically sick.
His fingers curled around his forehead and brushed away the heavy tears burning a path down his heated cheeks. All of the hurt suffocating him grew with every minute, and he feared that soon it would become too much to bear. Slowly he began to feel panic rise from his stomach, something he was familiar with. Only that this time, he felt like he didn't deserve to search for her comfort.

He couldn't tell if it was because his ears were still ringing with the sounds of her heavy crying or his own, but he somehow didn't hear his lover stumbling down the stairs and make her way down towards him.
So when y/n slung her arms around harry's neck and crawled onto the couch at the same time, his body flinched, just before he almost instanctively opened his own arms to hold her in a tight embrace.

"Harry."

Her lips pressed to his neck collarbones, pulling down the shirt he wore to expose more of his warm skin to her searching mouth.

A so was the only response she got and y/n whined before moving her hands down to rub his cheeks and brush away the tears still forming.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, kissing his jaw, his chin before finally pressing a loving kiss to his heated lips, "I love you. With all of my heart."

His hands found her hips to squeeze her and she compied happily when he leaned beack and pulled her up to make her sit on his thighs.
Harry's green eyes found hers briefly before he leaned forward to connect their mouths in a kiss once more, one he sighed into and that made him melt.
One loving enough to mend her hurt.

"I'm sorry, too" y/n heard him say against her skin and she curled her hands into his hair.

"Won't ever argue with you like that again" she promised, voice much steadier than expected, though the dryness in her throat did leave its evidence in her tone.

"Neither will i" he swore, head already clouded at the thought of making her upset once more. Never did he want to be the reason to make her eyes hurt from crying.

Y/n's hands brushed his face once more, this time with the back of her hand so she could rub his cheekbone softly. He looked up at her and y/n tried to smile, a getsure he returned ever so slightly.

"And i won't ever say such things again, har" y/n murmured, making his eyes water. "You.... you're everything. One half of me."

"Oh" he breathed and took hold of her hand so he could hold it to his face and turn his head to press his mouth to her open palm, "You are the same for me, y/n. I love you with all of me... wih all that i have."

She smiled.
Slowly they could feel theirs hearts interwine and my broken pieces found their places the second they let themselves be open to each other again.
Her lips found his and harry moaned, kissing his lover with relief now that he had her back.

"Harry?"

He breathed against her cheek. "Hm?"

"Let's remove that lock of our bedroom door, okay?"

When her words made him smile against her, y/n felt herself melt.

"Gladly."