Unwanted Attention

There was something off about Jordan. His icy blue eyes followed my movements like a hawk observing his prey and when he noticed me staring back at him he flashed me one of his sleazy grins. He was a handsome guy, there was no denying that, but from the moment he'd been introduced to me I could sense that he simply wasn't one to take a hint. It wasn't even about me being too pretty and him just finding me irresistible, not by any means. It was that Jordan couldn't bear a girl not wanting him. His brain simply couldn't comprehend how I hadn't fallen to his feet yet. I shuddered under his sharp eyes and shrunk further into the warmth of Harry's side. Harry didn't look at me but responded by resting his arm around my shoulders and leaning his head against mine momentarily while chuckling along to one of Nick's jokes, giving me comfort without having even noticed that I needed it. My eyes found Jordan's once more and my heart dropped when he was still grinning, wider this time and with his brows raised. Almost as if he was trying to say that he accepted the challenge.

Harry laughed loudly, squeezing me to him and I straightened my posture staring back at Jordan confidently. My hand rested on Harry's chest, the other arm wrapped around his back and my temple leaned against his arm. I was saying something back clearly. The only reason I was here was Harry and Jordan could fuck off.

....

It was a friday night what naturally meant that Harry wanted to go out. From the moment I opened the door for him to enter my apartment he'd been talking about nothing else other than this bar which had only just opened in East London. Thanks to his ever charming soul he'd become friends with the owner and owned one of the few invitations to the opening party tonight.

"You've got to come with me," Harry insisted, "Nick and Jordan are coming, too."

"Sounds like a guy's night out then," I murmured, trying to decline his proposal as nicely as I could, "I don't think I should intervene, Harry."

"As if you'd intervene," Harry said quickly, rolling his eyes as if I was being completely absurd, "You couldn't possibly. C'mon, love, you've got to!"

Honestly, a night out with Harry sounded perfect. I loved seeing him dance, hearing him sing and laughing along to all of the silly puns tipsy Harry could come up with. We had spent many fun nights out together, starting with him helping me choose a dress and me painting his nails and ending with the both of us dropping on either his or my bed, too drunk to care about sleeping in our cloths and in each other's arms.
Harry was the best company and every moment I got to spend with him was one I treasured. I didn't like having to avoid Harry in order to avoid Jordan, but he'd already invited him and no matter my feelings for Harry, his friend truly was the last person I wanted to spend my night with. But at the same time... ugh.
I groaned and let my head fall back onto the couch, turning to look at Harry who was sprawled out next to me. He wore a hopeful look, his sparkling eyes wide and his lips set in a pout.

"Please," he whined, "Nick's been bugging me by calling you 'Harry's best friend who never turns up' and he's kinda right with it."

"Oh shut up," I laughed.

He rolled onto his side and began pulling at my arm, making me lay down as well so we were both facing each other. I hummed when his hand found mine so he could move his thumb over my palm in a soothing motion and I smiled at him lovingly, enjoying to just be able to appreciate him without him noticing, his gaze set on my fingers. His forehead was furrowed and his lips still in a pout, his expression resembling the one of a little boy who failed to understand something.

"We don't even have to stay long," Harry mumbled, focus still on my hand, "let's just go, please."

"Ugh," I groaned and let my head drop against his shoulder in defeat, "fine."