Committed to you

The house was quiet and illuminated by two him lamps only. Harry had suggested switching the light bulbs before they gave out completely, but y/n quite liked how it gave their living room a warm and dark orange glow. Somehow it was deeply comforting. Especially with the wind moving the branches of the tree outside and pushing dark clouds together to hide oven the last stubborn rays of sunshine, though since it was coming close to nine pm, there wouldn't be much of those left, anyway.

Y/n took in a shaky breath. Her palms rubbed her heated cheeks and she kicked away the phone she had abandoned after her friend aileen had ended their call to go off and cry herself to sleep.y/n was crying herself. The utter despair in her friend's voice had inflicted as much pain on her, it might as well have been herself who had recieved some of the possibly worst news there were.
Aileen had been robbed of everything most dearest to her and y/n didn't know what to do to help. She still had her source of comfort, sitting in the music room down the hall of their home. To her great luck, she couldn't relate to her friend's horror. But she could imagine it, and that sufficed to make her entire body tremble.

Guilt mixed with her sad mind. Harry hadn't even gotten to snack on the food they'd ordered and spread on their coffee table before y/n had been forced to pay her phone attention and answer aileen's texts. And once the depth of the problem and the urgency had been revealed, y/n had been stuck on the phone for what had been approximately an hour. It wasn't fair to him, not after he'd come home tired and exhausted. Though it was sweet how he hadn't complained in the slightest.

A slow sigh escaped her mouth. Y/n tried to steady her rapidly beating heart and bhoped that breathing evenly would help stopping the tears from slipping on her cheeks. She closed her eyes.
Aileen had been so sad. So utterly heartbroken. She'd sobbed and had cried terribly, two times she had eveen screamed, all of it because her heart had been ripped into shreds. The memory made y/n cold and cry even harder as she pressed herself up and raised into a sitting position.

Y/n stretched her aching legs and rose to her feet, determined to go after him. Being the wonderful and respectful person he was, Harry had left the room with a short kiss to her cheek once he'd recognized the distraught voice of aileen at the other side of the phone.
The thought made her smile softly.
Y/n loved him so much. He alwats put her first and hadn't even argued when their movie night had been interrupted by her obligation to help her upset friend.
He was so soft with her. And patient. She rubbed her tired eyes. Worry turned her stomach as she imagined not having his support anymore. That she could lose him to someone else.
Y/n sniffled and almost ran to the room she was in. her hectic breathing got worse the closer she got and once she burst through the door without remembering to knock first, her body was shaking so bad she could barely walk.

At the noise of her entering, harry turned around with a smile and his hands still resting on the keys of his piano. The smile dropped instantly once he notices the redness of her cheeks ans the drops falling from her eyes.

"Love?" he hummed, "Hey, what is it?"

Harry sat on the narrow piano stool and his brows knotted at the sight of his hysterical girfriend. Y/n froze in the doorway.

"Ha-harry!" Her voice broke and she raised her hands to stiffle her sobs.

It was new to him that a steady heartbeat could speed up that quickly, but he gueassed that happened when the person owning his heart in his chest was crying that badly.

"Baby, c'mere."

He opened his arms and welcomed her body when she crawled onto his lap and curled her legs around his hips.
Her arms slung around his neck and he tilted his head to make room for her face to push and eub against the warm skin of his jaw. The crying didn't seem to bother him that much, even when it meant that his shirt was stained with snot.