Choosing The Wrong Priorities #1

Coming home to him was what i thought about the minute i shut the door behind me when i left in the morning. He would be asleep, now that he got to stay home more than i'd have to leave him behind with his cheeks flushed and his plumb lips slightly open as he snore quietly. The urge to kiss him would sometimes overwhelm me and i'd steal a small peck. When i came home he always told me that he loved the gentle kisses i gave in the morning. That it gave him a sense of what we were, each other's.

And it was because if this that i would never have imagined what tumbled from his lips that night. I was absorbed into a different world when Harry say down by my side and carefully pulled my book from my grasp, trying to make me give him my full attention.

"We need to talk about something. S'important, love."

His words worried me at first, but i relaxed when he smiled warmly. I scooted back on the bed to make more space for him and sat into a cross-legged position.

"What is it?"

Harry cleared his throat and pushed some of his hair back that had fallen into his face. I resisted to grin, admiring how handsome and genuinely beautiful he was. I loved the way his green eyes sparkled in contrast to his black shirt and how soft the skin of his neck looked. The pink of his lips.

"Remember how i told you that i would be meeting with Jeff today to discuss some ideas he had?"

I nodded, recalling it to have been a few nights ago when we were cuddled up in bed.

"Did it go wel?"

"Yeah. He's got some [retty cool ideas for what the guys and me should do for our comeback. We really need to get right back into bussiness, you know?"

"You will," i said confidently. "You're adored so deeply as well as widely."

"I sure hope so," he chuckled. "But there is this one thing Jeff proposed i should do. He said it'd be in order for people to not forget about me. And you won't be too fond of it, but i must remind you that it would be really good for me."

When the only answer he got was a frown he continued, his fingers twitching nervously in his lap.

"Y/n, there have been a lot of pictures of us toigether lately. In a restaurant, you and me grocery shopping, entering this house."

"None of them are dispalys of affection. They're no prove that we're dating," i interrupted quietly.

We had agreed to keep our relationship as private as we possibly could. Only immediate family and friends knew. And Harry's management of course. Naturally, we did spend time together outside our apartement and of course paps occasionally snapped pictures of us, but with nether of us commenting on them, ther ewasn't much of a story for anyone to tell.

"I know that," Harry agreed, "But Jeff says that he gets questions about us every dat. He's worried for our relationship and how i'm gonna be treated by the public once i'll get back into the spotlight."

"So you mean he's worried for your image."

Harry hesitated before muttering: "He doesn't want every question in the interviews we'll give to be one that i can't answer honesty."

"I understand that," i assured him, lacing my fingers wih gently, "But i'm already worried about Jeff's proposition."

A small smile danced on his lips when i caressed his cross tattoo on the back of his hand.

"It isn't that bad," Harry mumbled, though he avoided meeting my eyes. He took a deep breath. "Jeff wants me to kiss Kendall and have some paps photograph it."