Still in Love

Harry found himself unable to look away. All his eyes could see was me, just as if my frame was the magnet to his attention. It was as though i wasn't surrounded by a mass of people in a barely lit room and thick, humid air. His gaze was only drawn to me because to him i was illuminated. The air around me glowed. I might as well have stood in an empty room or lain in his bed, his attention couldn't have been in me any more.

Harry's jaw tensed. The sweet taste of the soft-drink on his tongue and the loud music blasted through the big speakers would normally have his shoulders relaxed and his body moving along to the thythm. He would be enjoying his night out with friends and collegues. But this time he couldn't.
If anything harry hadn't ever been this tense whilst partying before. The tips if his fingers twitched, his lips were raw from his teeth pulling and biting into them and his hair was a mess.

All if which he truly could not understand.
How was harry's mind so incapable of finding an ascape from the worry and slight fear his body was tormented with? Ever since he'd noticed me singing along to the music and laughing with my head thrown back and dancing in the middle of the floor, his blood had turned to ice and his skin heated.
His eyes followed the movements of my hips swinging, feet jumping and arms raising. The tip of his tongue pressed against his teeth when he noticed my exposed neck and collarbones and his skin prickled.
Harry's stomach turned with guilt because he really shouldn't be giving me that kind of attention. I wasn't his after all. Not even as a friend. Nothing.

Still, if only to make sure i was fine, his pupils continued to follow my every move snf they narrowed when he noticed me stumble a little, losing my balance momentarily. It seemed as though i'd had one if not many drinks too much. He moved to get up and come to my aid before his head had even caught up with it to consciously make that decisuion and before it could tell him not to move.
Harry didn't know me. not anymore, for the matter and it was no longer his job to come to my protection either.

And still, his hands reached out to carefully nudge people out of his wat and his big feet moved quickly and steady in order to reach me faster. Harry was impatient and he couldn't have said why.
One of his friends eve made the effort to call after him, truly surprised at his sudden movements, but went silent the moments he noticed who ut was harry's haze had found. He knew hadn't heard him, knew there was no reaching him where his head had gone.

There had once been at time when harry and i would lose ourselves in the other. When the wohole room could feel our connection as though an electric energy was caused by it. The house could have erupted into flames, the room flooded by water or the earth broken open - we wouldn't have noticed. Not when our fingers touched the others skin, if only momentarily. We would have eyes only for the other, words meant for no one else to hear and in truth harry missed it as much as i longed for those times to come back.

I turned around when i heard him say my name for the first time in over a year. My blood was frozen, my skin light on fire and my heart flattered in my chest as if it tried to fly away. In my hurry and desperation to see him i lost my balance once more and stumbled into his chest rather forcefully. My stomach dropped at the sight of his beautiful features and a smile forced itself onto my lips.

Harry. He visibly hadn't changed at all and lost nothing of his beauty.

"Harry." My voice was shaking but fierce, with no doubt in its tone at all.

He chuckled quietly with the softest smile on his face while his hands found my rips to rest in hesitantly. Though his hold was firm, it was a gesture meant to steady me, keep me from getting hurt, but oh if it didn't weaken my knees even further. And i fell. Metaphorically speaking.

"Hi" he hummed, his hace leant in so his lips were near my ear. I shuddered when his warm breath fanned my skin. His hands brought me closer to him. "Are you okay?"