You Gave Up On Us

My eyes were set in the ceiling of the dark bedroom i was trying to fall asleep in, the amount of time i had spent laying here on my own was long beyond me as it for all i knew if could have been days. And yet i could not get any rest. My heart ached and my head was dizzy, my body's physical reaction to missing the presence of my boyfriend dearly. For three weejsm Harry and i had not exchanged more than two sentences in a row and that just didn't feel right. How could a loving two year old relationship turn into behaving as if we were complete strangers? The last time we had sat down for dinner together had been months, same went for the last time we watched tv cuddled up on the sofa. In fact, i didn't spend anything in the living room at all anymmore, while Harry had long stopped coming to bed with me and instead slept on the couch every night.
There had been no argument, disagreement or dispute. It was like he had gotten up one morning, rolled out of bed and shut off his emotions.
I was living with the empty shell that was the man i had given my heart to and loved beyond words could explain, and i had enough.
Countless nights had been spent with me crying myself to sleep, loud enough for him to hear, yet he had never come to check up on me and he didn't even care to adress it in the morning, no matter how red and sore my eyes were by the next year.

I wanted my Harry back. I missed him so much.

My Harry would love me too much to let me cry alone. He would climb into bed beside me every night and tell me that he'd fix whatever it was that caused me pain while he'd hold me tight until his comfort chased away all the worries. He'd protect me and most of all he'd care. But he was gone and had been replaced by a foreigner sleeping soundly stairs instead of in my arms.
I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, mesmerizing how it felt, because i knew that tinight i wouldn't cry anymore. And there would be no vrying tomorrow either. Though my body still longed for Harry everything i had, i could not tolerate the way he treated me any longer.
In my mind i had come to a decision as to what was best a long time ago and after the phone call i had received this afternoon, i could finally start doing what was long over due. I was done with him not putting any effort into saving what was left of "us" anymore. He wanted to give up? Fine, so be it. At least i wouldn't be too much of acoward to say it out loud.

Almost subconsciously i climbed out of bed and quietly patted downstairs. The tension ruling the the atmosphere of my home had made it almost impossible for me to fall asleep properly and so i had gotten used to getting up and making a cup of tea around midnight. At first i had been hesitant since i knew Harry was sleeping right next to the kitchen, but after i learned that even when he was awake, he didn't say anything or question what i was going to the kitchen for.

My Harry would offer to make a hot chocolate and he wouldn't stop asking what was wrong until i'd spilled any little detail about my day that could have possibly caused me unease. After he'd kiss me and tell me that i was strong to beat anything that was trying to get into my way.

I sighed at that fantasy, upset that though i had a partner, any gesture that would have earned him that title needed to be imagined.
Once i made it past the room he was snoring in, i sneaked into the kitchen and heated the water. When it boiled i selected one of the teas we had in stock, took the blanked floded on the chair and made my way to the windowsill in the next room.

Harry's POV.

Even though she seemingly attempted to be quiet, y/n woke me when she passed me. Though i usually was a pretty heavy sleeper, the past week's events had changed that. Or had it been months? Now it seemed that whenever y/n was in my presence, for however short of a time that my be, it felt as if there was a bond pulling me towards her and making me conscious of any movement of hers. Goosebumps rose on my skin and my heart sped up. I opened my eyes enough to catch her tiptouing out of the kitchen, a blanket in hand and a steaming cup in the other.