Not Much Of A Surprise

The apartment was filled with the soft melodies of Harry's favorite album, music he knew she liked but hadn't yet quite managed to make her love as much as he did, while his eyes kept drifting over to where y/n was sitting beside him on the far end of the blue couch in his home. No shred of tension pained his shoulders and when he breathed his chest wasn't struggling to bear an invisible weight pressing down on it. Today was good.

"This is my favorite bit," he hummed, eyes finding her face once more and he smiled upon noticing her lips twitch into a smile themselves.

"I know it is, Harry."

She was so soft, Harry thought to himself and his heart jumped, and gorgeous, too.
They hadn't been dating for very long, had barely even started to call each other boyfriend or girlfriend when somebody asked, and he was sure that it would take them both many more weeks before they would get used to seeing the other practically every day. He couldn't wait. He wanted it to be normal for her to call him at random, for him to open the door to her flar with his own key and for them ti not question that the other would stay the night and be there to argue who's turn it was to make breakfast and leave the warm confiness of the bed first.
The thoughts relaxed him and he leaned his head further into the pillows before taking a deep breath and smiling to himself.

Y/n on the other hand was anthing but calm. And it surprised her that HArry hadn't noticed yet. When she talked, her voice quivered and her fingers shook so much she tried to distract them by pulling at her sleeve nd moving around the teabag in her mug.
Her stomach fluttered and it was her own fault. She should have had the guts to tell him ages ago. It wasn't a big deal anyway, was it? Especially not to somebody as open minded and kind to the world as Harry.

"Hey, Harry."

"Hm?" his eyes stayed clued to the phone and he chuckled upon reading something funny.

"Have i ever told you," y/n began, before huffing, "Screw that, i know i haven't told you. Okay. Listen."

When he noticed the trembling of her voice and how much softer it was, he turned to look at her and set down the black device in his hand.

"What's wrong?"

Y/n pulled herself back a little before crossing her legs to face him. She took a deep breath. "There's nothing wrong, per say."

"Then why not just tell me?"

He smiled at her again, that smile that had her heart dropping and fingers buzzing. Their eyes met. Though she was still uncertain if this would be okay, looking at Harry caled her down. He was so wonderful with her and practically everybody else he et. Why would he care?

"There's something you don't know about me yet. Well there's a lot you don't know but none of those things are important. What i mean is that... ehm."

Harry reached for her hand and squeezed her fingers softly. "What? Y/n, there's really nothing you couldn't tell me. I can't think of anything that would be a problem or something i wouldn't want to know."

"But you might judge me a bit."

Y/n oulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped both arms around them.

"I'm kinda... not... you know?"

Harry chuckled. "M'afraid i don't. Care to be a bit more specific, love?"

She smiled and squeezed her knees. "what i'm trying to tell you and hope you won't freak out about is that i... i'm not solely interested in boys."

Harry's expression didn't change. Y/n bit her lips.

"I kinda fancy girls, too, sometimes? It's relatively new for me to tell people about it, which is probably why i'm so nervous to be telling you now, but... figured you should know 'cause this is pretty important to me and i don't want to feel like i'm hiding something from you that actually matters."

He still didn't say anything. In her chest her heart hammered so rapidly it almost hurt and he palms turned umcomfortably sweaty.
She clenched her hands and arched both brows.

"Any comment, Styles? One hat perfferably won't make me cry?"

Harry cooed. He moved to reach for her and wrapped both hands around her ankles before pulling her forward. Alaugh escaped her chest as he forced her to lay down so he could climb on top. His knees settled on each of her hips and his mouth noisily kissed y/n's cheeks.

"Baby, did you seriously think i would mind something like that?"

She swallowed hard and nodded shyly, then slung both arms around his neck before kissing his nose. "A little."

His breath fanned over her skin and she shrieked when is tongue licked her cheek in a playful gesture. "You, the incredibly attreactive girlfriend of a guy who had kissed men on tv before, and in private as well, is worried about telling him that she likes doing to same but with girls? Love, not to take te piss out of you being nervous, but that's... just not necessary at all, y/n."

A smile spread over her face. Her fingers moved to pull his hair softly. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," Haryr insisted, "Of course. And to be honest, it's not much of a surprise, loveliest."

To his, her head jerked back from where she'd leaned in to kiss him, so she could face her boyfriend's loving eyes. "Excuse me?"

He shrugged. "I've noticed you check out girls before. And sometimes you say things about women you see on the telly or somewhere that i may think but don't dare to say in your presence. So yeah... I wouldn't ever assume somebody's sexuality bit i kinda figured you might share my interest in females."

Y/n laughed before she reached for the back of his head and pushed him down so she could kiss him properly. A low groan escped his throat and his chest met hers as he let his weight press down. His teeth pulled at her lip before licking it quickly to soothe the sing he'd caused.

"You really, don't mind?" y/n breathed and let her hands sink to his cheeks where she rubbed and squeezed the soft skin.

"Not one bit," Harry said kindly, "I couldn't possibly. S'really not any of my business, is it?"

"Well..." Y/n shrugged, "We're dating, i think you shoudl knowimportant stuff like that about me."

He pressed his mouth to hers in a short kiss, "Good. Thank you telling me, then. I think you know everything about me but if something comes up i'll tell you."

Finally the pressure lifted off her chest, well, metaphorically since Harry didn't move off her, and she lifted her legs to squeeze his hips.

"Thank you."

And though he really sisn't think there was something she needed to thank him for, Harry could understand that this was somthing he couldn't understand. That he didn't know what it was like when there were people who judged how somebody felt simply because of something as strange as the concept that was 'gender'.

"Okay, so back to our conversation from earlier. This is album is pretty awesome, isn't it?"