Chapter 52

Detention time - After school

"Can I go to the restroom?" Stiles asked. Ms. Salvatore (Belen) nodded. Stiles got up, quickly rushing out of the library doors.

"So back to this. You knew this woman?" Lydia asked. Showing Belen the photo once again

Ms. Salvatore nodded," She was my sister."

"Was?"

"She died a couple years back. Killed by a great beast. The beast of Guevudan."

Lina and Liam glanced to each other. Sirena had mentioned the same name when the beast had found them in the woods. They had also remembered when Sirena pointed out that the woman in the photo was over 1000 years old. So, how old was the woman in front of them?

"The beast of Guevudan? What is that?" Lina asked cautiously.

"Should we be talking about this in front of him?" Malia asked about Theo.

Ms. Salvatore was about to speak up when Theo beat her to it.

"She helped me. That night the beast attacked us in the woods. She saved me, so yes, you can talk about this because I already know." Theo rolled his eyes

Liam nodded his head slowly," So you did lie."

Theo's forehead scrunched in confusion.

"When I asked you what happened, you told me nothing did. Acted as if I was crazy and that what happened—what I saw that night—never happened." Liam clarified

"I asked him not to say anything." Ms. Salvatore said to Liam.

Scott wrapping a comforting arm around his shoulder. Liam scowled, looking away from Theo.

"Anyways, the beast of Guevudan was a creature that terrorized the province of Guevudan in the 1760s. It was a man that held the wolf's curse. My sister kept him alive. He was her lover. He turned on her in the end and killed her." Ms. Salvatore said sadly

"Why did he turn on her?" Lydia asked

Ms. Salvatore shook her head," He fell in love with another woman. My sister got angry, understandably, and tried to kill the new woman he loved, so he killed her first."

"Did you manage to kill him?" Lydia asked

"And how are you still here, might I ask? You said that thing was around during the 1760s so how is this possible?" Lina said

"My healing abilities are very well developed." Ms. Salvatore nodded her head at Lina," As for the beast. I never managed to find him after he killed my sister. I've been waiting years for my revenge, then someone tipped me off that he was here, in Beacon Hills."

Lydia stuck on the fact that the only answer Ms. Salvatore had for Lina's question was that her healing abilities were advanced. There had to be more to her youth, right? A simple healing spell couldn't have been the only thing keeping her alive.

"You haven't been able to catch him?" Liam asked

"No, not with the Jin here. I practically have to fight one every five seconds. Something is messing with the balance in Beacon Hills."

"Our friends. Our friends were brought back from the dead." Lydia informed.

"Then that should do it. Resurrection is the fastest way to upset the balance. It's a huge disrespect to the dead and Mother Nature herself."

"So once we deal with the Jin...." Malia began

"Then your friends will be safe." Ms. Salvatore nodded.