Chapter 61

"What are you doing?" Chris asked. Allison was pulling at the chains aggressively, snapping them with her bare hands to set them free. She pulled Chris to his feet, dusting off his shoulders.

"You guys need to get out of here, before Jennifer comes back." Allison urged, moving to remove Peter's and Derek's chains next. In truth, they could have just done it themselves, but neither knew what Allison was really capable of.

"Why are you letting us go?" Derek asked.

"I don't want my friends to get hurt. I wanted to tell you this all before, but she wouldn't let me. She can take control of us whenever she wants, make us do whatever she wants. She made sure to give us powers when she brought us back, so we'd just be weapons to her. Even with these powers, she can still..." Allison paused, willing herself to calm down. Chris looked at her worriedly, but urged her to continue.

"She can take the life away from me with the snap of her fingers, dad. She plans to take Beacon Hills, she wants Scott to think that this is going to be some 'supernatural kingdom' for them to rule together, but she just wants his power."

"I knew Jennifer lied about not having powers. But...why does the witch need Scott's powers? Can't she conjure her own magic, just like she did to give you powers?

"A true Alpha comes around every 100 hundred years." Peter answered his first question brightly, an evil smile on his face," That power added on to hers will most likely make her the most powerful witch there ever was."

"She didn't really..conjure up her own magic. She made us into these things called chimeras." Allison explained," Well she made me, Theo, Tracy, Josh, and Corey into these. Ian and Jennifer just got their previous powers back."

"Genetic Chimeras." Chris realized. He noticed the confused look on Derek's face. Peter seemed to catch on to what he was talking about," Genetic Chimeras are animals, or in this case people, with more than one set of genetically distinct cells."

"So you're like an experiment. You're a fusion of different supernatural creatures. Whether that be a kanima, a coyote, a wolf, etcetera." Peter added.

"Yeah....I guess." Allison shrugged," If she gives us actual magic, she'd lose some of her own. Using the supernatural creatures here and just adding it into to our genetic code wouldn't affect her at all. She claims that there's so much 'supernatural energy' in this place anyway."

"Quiet!" Derek said suddenly, hearing several foot steps approaching. They weren't close, but they were moving quickly," We need to go. They're back." Derek and Peter shared a look, jogging past Allison and out of the vault.

"Go!" Allison urged her father, pulling his arm when he didn't budge," Dad––"

"I can't lose you again." Chris shook his head.

"There was never supposed to be an 'again'. I'm so sorry dad, I love you. Please go." Allison was right. They weren't supposed to see each other again. Yes, she was grateful they did, even if the experience was anything but good.

"But––"

"Chris, we need to move!" Derek called back. Chris stared into Allison's eyes, tears filling his own. There was something unspoken between them. Both of them knew what was about to happen to here once they found out she let them go. Chris had to decide: stay and fight for her, or leave and live to fight another day.

"There is no choice dad, you have to go!" Allison said, almost as if she was reading his mind. Chris choked out a sob, hugging her tightly and kissing her forehead.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. He breathed in her smell, basking in her scent one last time. He shook slightly as he sobbed quietly," I love you."

"I love you too." Allison said, her lips quivering as she cried with him. Chris pulled back, stopping himself from reaching out to her as he turned to leave. Allison grabbed onto the bars behind her, stopping herself from chasing after him. She knew this was the end, but letting him go would bring a sense of peace. Knowing that she helped him escape prepared her for any punishment that she would soon receive.