Chapter 57

"You're a lowenmench, Stiles." Derek concluded after listening to everything Stiles said to him. He could hear Scott grunt in confusion.

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a were lion. From what you're saying, the blood that you got infected with was that of a lion. They're very similar to werewolves, in terms of having a pack. They're are stronger than wolves though, and you can only become one by taking a were lion's blood, hence how you became one." Peter answered, holding the phone while Derek drove.

"What does that have to do with Ian, then? The night of the full moon I imagined that he was in my room." Stiles wondered.

"He was there. If we have a hunch that he's alive, then he was there. He may be the reason you didn't go completely ballistic the night of the full moon." Derek explained. Scott knew exactly where this was going, he wouldn't have know if Liam wasn't his. Liam was his anchor like Ian was Stiles'

"He's his anchor," Scott said, not knowing but feeling Derek nod on the other side of the phone.

Stiles didn't say anything, a heavy feeling setting in his chest. No. He couldn't do this again. He couldn't begin to like him again when he hasn't even seen him.

"He called us murderers." Stiles said.

"He reminds me of me.... I mean he's a psycho." Peter joked, silencing when no one made a sound. It was weird, having him around. It's like everyone was waiting for his shenanigans and power hungry self to return, but it hadn't. He'd be calm.

"What do I do about this, the...lion I mean?" Stiles asked. This felt scary. Was he going to be worse that Scott when he was a beta. He didn't think he could handle torturing people again, he had enough of that when he got possessed by the Nogitsune.

"There's nothing you can do, just live with it. We'll help you get through it." Derek said sincerely. They would do everything they can for him. Yeah, none of them had ever expected this, but it wasn't the end of the world. It actually meant that Stiles was a bit safer now. That the benefits of super healing and quick reflexes may save his life in the long run.

"Alright, thanks Derek." Stiles smiled in gratitude before ending the call. Scott patted his shoulder in a 'I'm here' kind of way.

Stiles could smell something in the air. It reeked, making him scrunch up his nose lightly. He looked around, trying to find where it was coming from.

"What?" Scott asked, sniffing the air too.

"Something stinks."

"I don't smell anything." Scott said, sniffing the air. It took a couple more minutes for Stiles to realize it, the smell was coming from Scott.

"It's you." Stiles said. Scott looked at him, his mouth opening in surprise.

"Chemosignals. Emotions." Scott smiled. That explains why he couldn't smell anything. You can't smell your own emotions.

Stiles didn't smile back," Then why do you smell stressed?"

Scott's smile dropped at that," I'm worried about Liam."

"Then go see him, you know where he lives." Stiles said simply.

"Stiles I—"

"Dude, go. I'll call Kira or something. Lydia and I will be fine." Stiles assured him. He wanted to kill Theo, the man becoming a nuisance in their lives. Why couldn't he just leave Liam alone. It made things worse that Liam didn't want to tell them the things Theo had said to him.

He was on the verge of tears, asking everyone to just drop it and leave him alone. He knew everyone was hurt, but they chose to give him the space he needed. He knew Malia was probably plotting different ways to rip his tongue out since then. Scott had just shifted into more of a worried mother mode. He hated when Liam avoided him and he was doing a lot of it.