Part 2:Strange Occurence

Scott awoke with a start, his upper body jumping up. He was confused as to where he was, feeling the cold air around him tickle his chin. He coughed, his throat felt a bit scratchy, its dryness bothering him. He sat up better, hearing a small groan from beside him.

He turned to look down, Liam's lips parted while he was snoring slightly. Scott smiled, staninding up slowly, his briefs bunched up on his thighs, so he pulled them down. He stretched his arms and legs. Liam continued to snore lightly, not showing any signs of waking up. He grabbed his phone, noticing the multiple missed calls he had from his mother. He had told her that he was taking Liam on their first date, her excitement showing through her eyes that day.

He remembered how angry she was the first time she caught them kissing in the kitchen. He had been afraid of coming out to her because he was unsure of how she would react. Turns out she was more angry of the fact that he felt the need to come out to her in the first place

"Scott, honey. You love who you want, okay? If you're happy then I am happy. I am here to love and nuture you, not limit you. No matter what happens, you can always count on me to support you because you're my son. Don't you ever feel the need to do anything in secret. Don't ever think that you have to 'come out' to anyone. You should be able to kiss him whenever you feel like it, okay? Your love for him is no different than that between a man and a woman."

He smiled, the tension and awkwardness had immediately dissipated after she said that.

He'd make sure to call her once they were almost home.

11:20. 'Not too late, not too early' Scott thought

He was fairly surprised they had not woken up once, at least he hadn't. He turned to Liam's phone, its 19 percent glowing right in his face. He wanted to wake him up, maybe to eat something before he returned home. His forehead scrunched in a confused manner as he noticed the red hickies and some scratches littering Liam's body

'Why hasn't he healed?' He ran his fingers over his bruised neck. Liam shifted, pushing his hands away. He slowly turned onto his side, an pained grunt leaving his lips. Discomfort was obvious in his body language, Scott kissed his cheek, deciding to let it go for now.

He began to pack the snacks that they didn't finish back into the container, refraining from pieces to the seagulls. He clicked on his laptop, its screen staying black. It had run out of battery.

He put everything back into the back of the jeep. He felt disgusting and musty. He put on the clean clothes he had brought anyway, not wanting to put on the ones covered in sand back on. He walked back over to the blanket, kneeling down and shaking Liam slighty.

He moved back as Liam stretched, almost punching him in the face. His stretch was cut short as he reeled back in pain

"Jesus." He breathed out, sitting up slowly

Scott chuckled, grabbing his hand

"What the fuck happened, did you drop something on me?"

Scott's laugh came suddenly, the question making it too hard to hold it in.

"Why are you laughing? Why does my body hurt so bad?"

Scott continued laughing, holding his stomach as he continued to laugh. He felt Liam push him over, an angered expression on his face.

"I'm sorry." Scott said in between breaths. His laughter began to die down as he cleared his throat," I didn't mean to be rough."

"Wipe that smile off your face then." Liam smacked him, his tone playful