Chapter 67

About 2 days had passed now, them being the most peaceful in Scott's opinion. He was still worried about Isaac, he hadn't given them any sign that he was going to wake up. Then there was Jackson. Scott could feel it, smell the worry from Lydia.

He'd been missing since Isaac was checked into the hospital.

Scott and the others refrained from splitting up and looking for him, afraid of someone else going missing. Right now, almost everyone else was together again. Chris and Derek were around, as well as Peter. Isaac was safe and Adryan was alive.

Lina and Malia seemed to get along more now, not staring each other down anymore. She was growing on Lydia too apparently, the whole revenge on Donnie seemed to draw them closer. The two women had been discussing different ways to make him suffer, some ideas even causing Lina's ruthless father to question it. Scott never thought Lydia could get so angry.

Scott closed Liam's door, moving around the car into the driver's seat so they could finally attend their appointment with Deaton. They'd be getting a first look at their baby today.

————

"Thank you." Scott nodded to Deaton, holding the door open for Liam to step inside the clinic. Liam had already forgotten the inside. He never really went in here often, Deaton's demeanour creeped him out sometimes

Deaton smiled, patting Scott's shoulder," I feel excited for you."

Scott smiled back. Deaton and Stiles' father had really filled the father role in his life.

"All right, so I can get you started with the ultrasound if you'd like." Deaton offered, giving his full attention to Liam.

Liam looked to Scott, who smiled at him, nodding his head at him, encourage him to choose, telling him it was okay with his eyes.

Liam took a deep breath, suddenly feeling nervous," Yes."

Deaton gave him a comforting smile, holding an arm up to show Liam the way. The clinic felt a lot smaller than he remembered. He could hear animals, forgetting for a second that this was still an actual clinic. He'd remembered Scott's constant rambles about how working here has inspired him to become a vet. That Deaton was the greatest role model besides his mom.

Liam cupped his hands together, trying to calm his nerves. He took a hesitant step forward, following Deaton into the operating room. The room smelled purely of chemicals, herbs too.

Deaton had separated the mountain ash to allow them to pass, closing it up after they'd stepped through.

————

Scott grabbed one of Liam's hands, helping him sit down onto the metal table. Deaton rummaged through his cabinets, Scott helping Liam roll up his shirt.

"You're familiar with what to do?" Deaton asked in a calm tone.

Liam nodded," I think so."

Deaton shot him a comforting smile," It's okay to be nervous."

•••••••••••••

"Is something wrong?" Stiles asked. He and Adryan were on his hospital bed, trying to watch something on Stiles' computer. Only problem was it felt very awkward, much like it had for the past two days.

Adryan shook his head, not sparing him a glance," Everything's fine."

Stiles sighed," You know, I'm still pretty to this whole 'werelion' thing, but Scott and Derek already explained how to tell when someone is lying."