Chapter 62

Malia stretched his hands above his head. His eyes looked tired, dark circles formed under his eyes. She looked down at Lina, a small frown on her face," All right, so how do we do this?"

"Right. So we need to take Scott to our facility. Once there, you'll be given at most maybe 20 minutes to get the wolf to tell us where their alpha is. If you can't manage that, you'll need to become a little aggressive. Threaten to torture him, to hurt his sister." Lina explained.

"That won't help at all." Scott shook his head.

"He's right. Donnie's been doing that already. He's been bluffing about hurting them, but that won't last very long. They electrocuted the cage once to scare them." Adryan agreed. He suggested that Scott come alone, but his attempt was quickly shut down.

"Wait, so who is Donnie?" Lydia asked.

"He's the current chief."

"He's also Adryan's ex." Lina added.

"Which is not important." Adryan rolled his eyes.

"If he used to like you, can't you convince him to drop the orders?" Malia asked.

"I already tried. He's like Lina's dad, arrogant and vengeful. Besides, we barely began to reconcile. The last time we dated was when I was like 10 years old. The first time we met again wasn't under the best circumstances." Adryan kept it simple, not mentioning the part where he was their getaway driver the day they broke Lina's father out of jail.

"Oh." Stiles mumbled, breathing an unexpected sigh of relief.

"How do we know he'll honor his word. If we manage to get the guy to tell us where the alpha is, what will happen then?" Lydia asked.

"I don't know." Adryan shrugged. As of now, Donnie was unpredictable. It was surprising how he even gave Adryan time to find someone to talk to the other wolf. That despite the vengeful look he's constantly had in his eyes, he showed a sign of mercy. He's been showing multiple signs of mercy.

"This wolf? He's been there for how long?" Scott asked.

"Since the last full moon we had." Adryan remembered. He remembered giving the order to have them locked up in the first place.

"His sister too?"

Adryan nodded," She's been silent and she fumbles around a lot. She looks uncomfortable, picking at her nails and sitting in the corners of the cell. I don't even see them talk much. It's obvious that he cares for her though, always making sure to cover her when we come in. He always makes sure the attention is all on him instead of her.

"If he's being protective over her, then that means he'll choose to get hurt at her expense. If we let her go, he'll talk." Lydia concluded.

"This wolf...he got a name?" Malia asked.

"Brett." Adryan answered.

Scott turned to him," Wait? Brett? The girl's name is what?"

"Lori." Adryan picked up on the tone, feeling that Scott knew something.

Scott stared at him. He knew Brett was a wolf, but he wasn't aware that he had a pack or that he had a sister. Their first meet was very vague, not much talk had gone on between them. He knows Brett as someone who used to bully Liam before he transferred.

He'd also remembered how he saved his life once, the night of their lacrosse game, god that felt like ages ago.

"You know this kid?" Lina asked, even though she already knew the answer.

Scott got up, suddenly remembering that Liam was still upstairs, sound asleep.

————

"Pup. I need you to.." Scott stopped at his door, noticing Liam standing in front of his mirror, completely naked," What's wrong?"