Chapter 41

The next morning

"Hey." Adryan said. He watched Donnie's drool pooling onto the pillow," Disgusting. Hey!" He lightly slapped his cheek

"Woah! Woah! What the fuck is going on!" Donnie screamed, grabbing his gun.

"Relax, its just me. You need to get up, we are going to head out soon. I got you some breakfast." Adryan said softly, setting the food down onto the bedside table.

"Aww. What a sweetheart."

"Shut up."

Donnie smiled, sitting up.

"Are you kidding me?! You could have warned me!" Adryan averted his eyes once he noticed Donnie didn't have any clothes on

"What? It's not like you haven't seen it before."

"As if I remember what it looked like 4 years ago."

Donnie pulled on a pair of underwear, patting the spot next to him so Adryan would sit down.

"Do you miss it? Us, I mean?" Donnie took a sip of his coffee. He side eyed Adryan expectantly.

"No." Adryan answered rather quickly.

"Geez, no hesitation."

Adryan smiled "Well, we both moved on. You're with Jennette now and we were like 10 when we were together."

"So? A relationship is a relationship, no matter the age. I loved you and you loved me, right?"

"Yeah, but.... things are different now. I'm 15 and you're 16. You're happy with Jennette now, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but that doesn—"

"There is no buts. If you're happy with her, then you're happy with her. You shouldn't be reminiscing about a past relationship when you have a girlfriend, it's...disrespectful in a sense"

"I just wanted to see something?"

"See what?"

Donnie faced him, a sly smile on his face. He put his hand onto Adryan's.

"I'm not going to kiss you." Adryan said

Donnie smiled suggestively," You sure? We could possibly.. rekindle what was there before."

Adryan moved his hand away, standing up abruptly," Eat your breakfast. We need to leave soon and I don't want anyone walking in here and calling me a homewrecker."

"You're not a homewrecker if i'm the one coaxing you into doing it."

"Jesus, do you hear yourself? You're in a relationship, Donnie."

"I wouldn't be if you hadn't left me. I told you we could work it out and you never said anything back to me." Donnie said sadly

"I was forced to leave. I told you not to wait for me, it's wasn't fair to you. We were so young and we're still young now. You should have put yourself in my shoes, I mean—Imagine that—a fucking 10 year old making a promise to love me for 'all eternity' , as you put it. That's a huge commitment that I'm still not even ready to make."

"I wanted to wait. Now that you're here, we can figure out a way to contact each other more often rather than every other fucking century."

"I can't."

"Why not? You never used to call me, or text me. Now you call me for what? Because you need a getaway driver?! That's what you do now? Only call and cry for help when it benefits you!" Donnie yelled