Chapter 37

About 2 hours later

They had decided to meet up at the food court so they could all eat together. They all sat at the table discussing the stores they visited and showing each other what they bought. Liam decided to hold back on telling them about his conversation with Adryan. One, because Mason was still unaware of what had happened that day and two because he didn't want to ruin the bubbly and cheery mood that everyone was in.

Scott coughed, choking on his food from laughing

"Stiles, stop. This is like the third time someone has choked because of you--Malia don't hit his back so hard." Lydia scolded them both.

Scott put his hand up to stop Malia's harsh blows. She didn't let up though. Only after he stopped coughing completely did she decide to calm down.

"Was that good? Did it help?" Malia asked with a big smile on her face

"Yeah, besides the fact that you almost smacked my spine into my stomach, it helped." Scott cleared his throat, grabbing another fry.

"So, everyone bought something besides Scott and Stiles?" Kira asked

Stiles and Scott nodded," We aren't really the shopping type." Stiles said for them both. He was surprised Malia bought some skirts. Then again she had told them before that clothes felt like she was wearing some kind of dog collar. Feeling as if they restrained her from living life like it was meant to be lived. She hated wearing jeans becaue of how tight they were, but she did enjoy wearing skirts and sweats. Even shorts.

"I have a proposal." Lydia started

"No." Stiles said immediately.

"What? I didn't even get to finish."

"We are not going to any more stores with you. Not until later anyway. My arms are hurting from carrying your bags. Scott and I are going to leave these bags in the car and then we are taking Liam and Mason to the arcade for laser tag."

"But—"

"Actually, there are some things that I want. It'd feel better if it was just girls." Kira said shyly.

Malia smiled, recalling Kira's comment about wanting to try out some lingere.

Lydia raised an eyebrow," Oh alright then." She knew they would have a girl talk about it later, so she didn't mind much.

—————————

Liam laughed as he dodged the people running around him. His vest had a red circle that was lit up. All he had to do was make sure it wasn't shot and he would win.

The laser tag room was actually pretty cool. They had blacklights to illuminate the walls, so the kids wouldn't run into them. There were some small room scattered so people could hide in to avoid being shot.

Liam couldn't even cheat if he wanted to. He was still unable to access his powers. Yeah, he could make his eyes glow now, but he still couldn't see in the dark. Which made no sense in his opinion. He could tell that Scott was cheating, though. Scott following him around the whole time was kind of hard to miss.

He couldn't find Stiles no matter how many rooms he searched. He had probably already gotten shot.

Liam hid behind a corner, hiding from Scott's eyes. He can hear footsteps approaching him as he stepped out quickly, shooting whoever was coming in the chest.

"Aw, come on. That's not fair." Some little girl complained, crossing her arms and walking off with a pout. She was more stomping than walking, making it pretty clear that she was salty.