Chapter 55

3 days later

Malia walked down the hall to her locker, not like she ever kept anything in there. She only stuck around there in the mornings to wait for Kira to come by. Now that the full moon had passed, they would have to start focusing on how to get rid of Jin. She smiled to herself for the third time that morning. While Scott and Liam were getting it on upstairs, she had managed to control herself. She remembers how she was struggling in her restraints, her wrists getting cut so bad it almost made her sob.

She could hear them, loud and clear. Their rapid heartbeats were distracting her from focusing on her own. She had to resort to trying to focus on the clanking of her chains. She had started to shake her arms aggressively to force the chains to clank together. That allowed her to tun them out and focus on the loud noise around her. It actually helped to distract her.

She was able to focus on her heart beat again, not even realizing that she wasn't shaking her arms anymore. That's when she was finally able to calm down, when she realized that for now, she was her own anchor.

She smiled cockily as Kira came up to her. She remembered how Scott practically begged her not to tell Lydia what had happened that night. Malia knew she'd be cracking jokes about it all the time, but she promised anyway.

"What's with the smile?" Kira asked

"Nothing. I can't help but still feel proud of myself."

"Good, I can't help but be proud of you either."

••••••••••••••

"What'd you say was wrong?" Adryan asked.

He was standing by the lockers with Liam. They had been chatting about how the bite had worked. The morning after the full moon, Liam had woken up with all his hickeys, bruises, cuts, and scratches all healed. Of courses, he left out the part where they had sex, but he remembered how woke up with his eyes glowing a bright yellow.

"I still feel sick.. I had felt fine for two days straight. I even started doing morning runs again, but..this morning I had such a nasty stomachache and threw up again."

"Shouldn't you talk to Scott?" Adryan asked.

"I will, I will. I just wanted to ask if you can drive me to the clinic later?"

"Sure. If it's still open after my volleyball practice. It ends like at 6 today."

"Yeah, it should still be open."

Adryan smiled, closing his locker and pulling out his phone," Sounds good then."

••••••••••••

"How are you not worried?!" Isaac bellowed at Chris.

"I'm not worried because I saw what time she left. She took her bow with her. I already told you I'm going to look for her later tonight, I have an idea as to where she went." Chris said, turning back to his computer.

"She's been gone for hours. Why are—"

"Issac, enough!" Chris yelled, slamming his hand onto the table," Right now, the best thing we can do for her is find away to get rid of those demons that are after her. Then and only then will she really be safe."

"I just want her back." Issac's voice cracked.

Chris sighed, standing up and walking to him. He put a hand onto Issac's head and pulled him into a hug.

"She'll be okay. I've trained her so well, I know how strong she is. I know that even if she left, she is okay."

"Where do you think she went?"