His Jealousy Is Real

"And what makes you think I want to speak with you?" Damon spoke coldly.

"Well Damon, I was thinking." He came over to the empty chair next to me. "Mind if I sit?" he asked me.

"Yes. We do mind." Damon answered for me.

"Very well." Justin continued to stand. "I saw the engagement between you two has become public. Congratulations. Are the press treating you okay Kaydence?"

"Yes." I responded with an annoyed tone.

"Even if they weren't I can handle the ones who disrespect my woman. Or have you forgotten?" Damon's eyes flashed with that familiar darkness when he dished out a threat.

"Ah. No I haven't forgotten. I had lots of time to think when I was sitting in a hospital room for observation." Justin responded. He stared Damon down as if he were trying to intimidate him, it wasn't working.

"What do you want?" Damon asked.

"For the sake of the family I want us to be on good terms." Justin responded.

Damon scoffed in response. "Really because where was this when you broke into my home and attempted to have your way with Kaydence?"

"I was in a rage then. I will admit that was wrong, and I apologize." Justin tried to fake as if he had actual remorse but I could tell he didn't.

If there was one thing I learned when I was with him, he was good at acting. He played up the young wealthy business man that wanted to do good. That was to strangers and clients though. He also managed to have his parents brainwashed that he could do no wrong. Even Martin seemed to believe his acts. Damon didn't though, and I knew he wouldn't buy this act either.

"And you expect me to believe your bullshit? Why are you really in here right now? I have things to do and you're wasting my time." Damon refused the apology.

"I'm serious, I just want to make amends. With the both of you." He glanced between Damon and me.

Damon stood up and walked towards Justin. His icy blue eyes looked at Justin coldly. "You only come here when you think there's something to prove or you want something. What is it?"

Justin had a flash of anger in his eyes but it quickly disappeared. He looked over at me. "Will you atleast accept the apology Kaydence? After all you're the one who I ended up affecting."

"Don't talk to her." Damon's words were threatening. He looked in thought for a moment. "Or is that why you're here? For her?"

Justin was obviously losing his confidence now. "N-No." He stuttered out.

A dark smirk came across Damon's lips. He seemed to have figured out the real reason that Justin was here. "I take it you heard about the new project I'm working with. The store and how Kaydence will be my designer for it. Now you're being nosy aren't you?"

"Well I mean, as the upcoming Vice President I should know these things. There's a reason grandpa wants to promote me after all." Justin responded.

"Well you're not the VP yet, so it isn't any of your business. And even if you get promoted, I'm still your superior. Don't touch this project." Damon's last words were a warning.

"You don't have to worry about that." Justin responded with his teeth clenched. He looked at me again before speaking further. "You're a designer?"

"Yes she is. The fact you didn't know that after tormenting her for six months is pathetic." Damon sneered.

Justin didn't respond. He was thinking about something in his mind.

Damon chuckled unexpectedly which drew Justin's attention back to him. "Now it makes sense. You're not here to talk business or apologize. You're here because with me the girl you threw away has changed from being an unhappy mess to having goals to reach her dreams. It's amazing what the proper care can do for someone isn't?"

"I will admit I didn't treat her as I should have. But I'm glad to see she's okay." Justin responded.

I didn't know how to respond. Justin actually seemed genuine that time, which concerned me. If Damon was right, if he was here for me what was he up to? I wasn't stupid and I wouldn't fall for this. But he was clearly up to something that was going to involve me.

Damon's face went dark. "You're jealous you didn't get to experience this side of her. You're jealous that I'm the one pleasing her instead of you. If you can think for a moment you can come in hopes to mend your relationship and try to steal my woman you have another thing coming for you!"

"I'll see myself out." That was the only response Justin had, which I could tell infuriated Damon more. Justin looked over at me before exiting the office, "Take care of yourself." Then he walked out.

I could still see Damon was pissed. "Damon, he's not worth it. This is what he wants from you. Take a few deep breaths."

He did as I instructed. "You didn't buy any of that act did you?" He asked, much calmer than when Justin was in here.

"Damon, I know him well enough to not buy a word he says." I responded.

"His jealousy is real. I could see it when he tried talking to you but I answered instead. I don't know what all he's up to but it's not good." Damon spoke.

"You're probably right, but it's nothing we can't figure out." I got up from my chair and came face to face with Damon. My green eyes peered into his blue ones.

I placed my lips onto his. He kissed me back and gripped me tightly in his arms. By instinct our lips parted so our tongues could dance together. He lifted me up slightly and sat me on his desk. The passion in our kiss continued to grow. Finally he pulled back.

"Love, if you just spoke to my father Justin couldn't touch us at all." Damon spoke.

He wanted me to talk to Martin, but I still wasn't ready. I knew he was right and this would be the easiest way to take Justin down. But it wasn't the right time, I don't think it would ever be the right time. I hated that I sold myself to pay some bills and then I went and let Justin send me off to people to close deals.

"I can't Damon." I responded, my eyes filled with shame.

He took a step back from me. "I have some business I need to take care of and I'll be home later. Cody's downstairs to take you home."